PDA

View Full Version : 12kw workin a 5kw load

philjd26
02-07-2007, 03:02 AM
hi,i have a site that has a daikin vrv with multi box installation, conditioning an open plan office space...... 12 x 12 kw indoor heat exchangers serving the floor....the client that has moved on to this floor is looking to put 5 additional partioning up to make offices and meeting rooms...as its design is open plan temp problems may occur in new rooms...my question is there any problem in getting one of thes4e 12kw to look after one of these rooms that a 5 kw could handle...

cheers

Jase
02-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi Phil,

This is often a problem with these type of buildings.
The design consultants usually work to an open plan environment and specify VRV/VRF systems to suit the application. This is always more or less accepted until a few months down the line and a new tennant will take over occupancy and decide to make a 'couple' of alterations. This makes life a little bit harder!
You have a couple of options on this one.

option 1: Just keep the 12kw unit and use it in a smaller office.

option 2: Give the client a price to make ammendments to the system.

Your probably best to stick to option 1 because one day the office may revert back to open plan.:D

Jase

philjd26
02-07-2007, 11:31 PM
hi jase, i agree with you there, just wasnt 100% if it would over shoot temp too much or get draughts etc...suppose pmv will look after the amount going to exchanger and keep her on low fan speed...its in the bag!

cheers

superswill
04-07-2007, 12:22 PM
hi phil,

what model outdoor and indoors do you have?