PDA

View Full Version : RC Group Chiller

puddleboy3
28-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Has anyone any experiance on any of these chillers im sure they are made in Italy. I am attending site tomorrow and will then have the model.

Any info would be good

Thanks in advance:confused:

Pol
28-06-2007, 09:48 PM
They're made in Italy indeed, www.rcgroup.it (http://www.rcgroup.it). Not much tech info on the site, but contact to UK distributor;

EXCEL AIR CONDITIONING Ltd
Unit 33, Moor Park Industrial Centre, Tolpits Lane
WD18 9SP WATFORD HERTFORDSHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
telephone: +44 01923 254001
fax: +44 01923 815950
e-mail: mark.hutchings@excelac.co.uk (mark.hutchings@excelac.co.uk)
Assigned areas: United Kingdom

puddleboy3
02-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Well after attending site and contacting UK dist, with the model numbers and serial numbers. I have been told that they dont produce any service/installation information and the best bit is that they charge you £25 for wiring diagrams and £25 for information on the controller.

Any one else had problems like this? or has any information on the following in awful chillers

RC Group
UNICO A.STD
Model: 142.F2 G7
:confused:

Pol
02-07-2007, 12:30 PM
25 quid for a wiring diagramm?

Some rip-off that is...

marley821
02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Hiya

I have worked on these a few times. Password I am sure is either 9763 or 4763.

They are crap but fairly straightforward.

Probably lost its gas charge from the flexible pipe used on the discharge - they are prone to leaks, I have replaced two in the past and only ever worked on three of them!!!!

Best of luck

Steve

puddleboy3
03-07-2007, 08:00 AM
Hiya

I have worked on these a few times. Password I am sure is either 9763 or 4763.

They are crap but fairly straightforward.

Probably lost its gas charge from the flexible pipe used on the discharge - they are prone to leaks, I have replaced two in the past and only ever worked on three of them!!!!

Best of luck

Steve

Thanks for the replys

Gas charge on both circuits is fine but im having problems with low oil pressure on both circuits.

Circuit 1 only trips on oil pressure when the compressor is running unloaded.

Circuit 2 was tripping on refrigerant low pressure which was down to a faulty expansion valve. Changed and ran up to find that it was tripping now on low oil pressure. Whilst checking over the system noticed what looks like sludge floating around in the oil.

2x simple awful chillers = lots of problems:mad:

kerrcell
13-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Puddleboy3,
have worked several times on rc chillers.Code to enter system is 4763.Regarding the low oil pressure,one should check the refrigerant level in Kpa on both sides of system by using control status.Find fistly compressor 1 and continue pressing.The pressures will be read on the display.If they are low there is a leakage.One should check also liquid line solenoid valve cil run on either 100v or 240v.Check first.Send us back
Kerrcell.

exxu
19-08-2010, 10:06 PM
Does anyone has a operation manual for the controller used in these chillers ?. It's a MP99 controller.
The problem i have with this one (it's the only one RC chiller i've serviced), is that every time the power is off the controller counts 360 minutes (6 hours) before starting any compressor. It's absurd.
This delay can be somehow bypassed or cancelled ?

james10
19-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Well after attending site and contacting UK dist, with the model numbers and serial numbers. I have been told that they dont produce any service/installation information and the best bit is that they charge you £25 for wiring diagrams and £25 for information on the controller.

Any one else had problems like this? or has any information on the following in awful chillers

RC Group
UNICO A.STD
Model: 142.F2 G7
:confused:
I heard that a certain copmany is going to charge £1.50 a minute for it's tech support line in hindsight £25 doesn't seem to bad at least it'll be yours to keep :D

ptsac
21-08-2010, 01:52 PM
Does anyone has a operation manual for the controller used in these chillers ?. It's a MP99 controller.
The problem i have with this one (it's the only one RC chiller i've serviced), is that every time the power is off the controller counts 360 minutes (6 hours) before starting any compressor. It's absurd.
This delay can be somehow bypassed or cancelled ?
run compressor in manual for 15 minutes this cancels the timer. Press and hold set enter password 4763 then select key 4? (2nd row left as best as i remember) select man on with arrow key. remember to put back into auto.

exxu
23-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Thank u Ptsac. I've tried to start the compressor manually, but the controller just won't do that. It has no alarms, everything is ok (voltage, pressures), but it won't start the compressor. The comp. and the contactor are ok.
It seems that this controller is sick and tired with this life.

Yuri B.
23-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Thank u Ptsac. I've tried to start the compressor manually, but the controller just won't do that. It has no alarms, everything is ok (voltage, pressures), but it won't start the compressor. The comp. and the contactor are ok.
It seems that this controller is sick and tired with this life.
Maybe it is greedy for the electricity you take from him?
Feed it separately so that when the main switch is off only the controller is left powered.