PDA

View Full Version : setting up a unit using superheat

marc5180
25-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Working on an Airedale unit that weve replaced the TXV on and would like some ips on setting the superheat and subcooling. Unit is on R407c suction and discharge pressure are about right so i took a subcooling reading i.e before the condensor (discharge) and after the condensor (liquid) and got 8degC of subcooling.

Now when it comes to Supeerheat which way should i measure it because i took the temp from after the TXV= 2degc then after the Evaporator which was also 2degc... i then tried to increase the superheat by turning the TXV screw in half a turn i then waited for ten mins but the temps didnt change...am i doing it wrong???? I want to learn how to commission it properly as many people in the game dont care, they would just install it and leave
thinking the job was done, im not one of them...

Brian_UK
25-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Marc, before we go any further, we know that you're getting there from reading your other threads so don't panic ;)

Take yourself off to the Sporlan website and download some of their literature especially files 10-9 and 10-11
http://www.sporlan.com/tevs.shtm

Have a good look through their site in the 'Literature' section and enjoy their documents, always a good read when you're sat thinking with a coffee.

coolments
26-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi Marc

just posted on your original thread some advice on this to hopefully put you in the right direction

marc5180
26-06-2007, 07:29 AM
thanks guys, as you can tell im very eager to learn..:D

lana
26-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Hi Marc,

If you are interested, PM me. I can give you very good files to read about this subject.

Just a quick reminder about Zeotropic blends like R407C.

Zeotropic blends have two temperatures for each pressures, Dew Point and Bubble Point.

For superheat : take the dew point temperature at evaporating pressure as "the evaporating temperature".

For sub-cooling : take the bubble point temperature at condensing pressure as "the condensing temperature".

Hope this helps.
Cheers

mohamed khamis
26-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Marc,

If you are interested, PM me. I can give you very good files to read about this subject.

Just a quick reminder about Zeotropic blends like R407C.

Zeotropic blends have two temperatures for each pressures, Dew Point and Bubble Point.

For superheat : take the dew point temperature at evaporating pressure as "the evaporating temperature".

For sub-cooling : take the bubble point temperature at condensing pressure as "the condensing temperature".

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Hi Lana

It could be greatly appreciated if u could send me these files and any files about Zeotropic blends characteristics.

Regards