PDA

View Full Version : Standards for Smoke testing of ducts ?

sharshal
22-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know of any standards for smoke testing of ducts ? I have looked around a lot, but I have only found standards for pressure testing .. none for smoke testing.

In case it is known, please also do help me out by telling where I can get them !

Thanks !

DVaider
22-06-2007, 12:31 PM
www . airheatservice . com/services.htm . Try to use this link.

Brian_UK
22-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Surely a pressure test will prove the same thing as a smoke test if your are trying to check if the ductwork leaks.

Or are you trying to prove the extraction of smoke from an area?

frank
22-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I've been in the airconditioning / ventilation business for more years than I care to recall and I've NEVER come across any specs/standards for 'smoke testing'.

We have used smoke pellets in the past for visually testing the air soundness of ductwork systems in conjunction with air leakeage testing kit but from what I know, smoke pellets are only used as an aid to leak testing ?? :confused:

sharshal
04-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks Frank, Brian_uk & DVaider !

It definitely helped me come to the conclusion that I am not the only one who does not seem to find a standard on smoke testing !

Brian, I was looking specifically for smoke testing of ducts ONLY, pressure testing procedure is available at a lot of places. Thanks anyways !