PDA

View Full Version : Booster System

zapoy
22-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi everybody,
Is there anybody who knows booster system or has experience about this system?

Thank you very much your interest

Regards,

Arda Atay
Junior service engineer

nh3wizard
22-06-2007, 03:09 PM
What kind of booster system are you referring to?

nevgee
23-06-2007, 01:07 AM
................. . ................ . ............ . . ..........

Peter_1
23-06-2007, 09:58 AM
For me , a booster system is where the discharge of the LP (freezer)is going into the suction of the HP system (cooling)
Am I right?
This is often used in NH3 and I once serviced a supermarket pack system.

nh3wizard
23-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I didnt know if he was referring to a 2 stage ammonia system, booster compressor?

Brian_UK
23-06-2007, 11:24 PM
................. . ................ . ............ . . ..........Please explain or delete.

zapoy
25-06-2007, 02:59 PM
This system is going to use in a hypermarket.This system is suggested compressor company.I want to know that how the system works..( especially system diagram is the best for me)...and What kind of advantages and disadvantages are there?...and which operation value are u suggest?
This system is working with R404a
Regards,

US Iceman
25-06-2007, 03:38 PM
A booster compressor is a separate compressor. The type of system this is used in is called a multi-stage system. This means the refrigerant is compressed more than one time.

In a two-stage system, you have a set of compressors that work like this:

a) The booster compressor pulls in low pressure gas and compresses it to an intermediate pressure.
b) This gas at an intermediate pressure is hot and needs to be cooled before it flows into the next compressor. This cooling process is called desuperheating or intercooling.
b) A second compressor called the high-stage compressor pulls in the intermediate pressure gas (now cool) and compresses it up to the condensing pressure.

Two stage systems are used to promote energy efficiency, but they can be more complicated to understand and work on.