PDA

View Full Version : Airwell indoor unit stays shut

expat
19-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I have a costumer with an airwell indoor unit that won't open. It's running in cool mode, and you can see the louvres moving a little and then sort of clicking back to completely shut. If you force it open it begins to move normally then abruptly drops back to shut again as if there were a tooth or two missing off a cog.
If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful to hear.
Thanks.

Andy AC
19-06-2007, 08:01 PM
Disconnect the motor from the pcb and cable tie the louvre in an open position as a temporary measure whilst a new motor is ordered. If that causes a problem with the electronics, take the motor out of position, leave it connected but put it somewhere out of the way inside the indoor unit. They seem to be very weak on airwell units.

Andy

expat
19-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for that Andy. I take it you think the motor is dun-in, but I'm wondering why it can at least start moving the luvres after they have been forced open and then at a certain position they just flap shut as if they've been let go?
BTW I was a Grocle about 20 years ago, had a freind named Ben Chillcot down your way. He was an (if I remember rightly) ...Ovner?
Great corner of the world to live:)