PDA

View Full Version : Question, Hi press control

Robearbam
19-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Okay, Never changed one of these before. 20 ton split. I have a suspect high pressure control that may be going bad. I ordered the new one and it looks like internally it takes a scrader valve off it's seat so, what I'm hoping is that the one on there does the same thing. It's about 8-10 year old ICP commercial. The manufacurer is of no help of course. No valves except the comp. so recovering may in order here if I can't nail this down. The control screws off. Any suggestions or has anyone dealt with this before ... thanks!

chillin out
19-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I think it's one of those times when you just go for it and pray....lol

The best thing to do is reclaim the gas and change it.
If you are going to to this then I would recommend fitting a couple of shut off valves around the system for future use.

Chillin:):)

monkey spanners
19-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Sometimes those schreader valves don't seal up when you remove something after its been connected a while (like when you use a quick coupler on an old ac system). I think i'd plan on recovering the refrigerant. You may want to have a 1/4" copper washer to hand incase one is fitted between the hp switch and the schreader.
You can set up the switching pressures of the new hp switch using nitrogen and your gauges before fitting it.

Cheers Jon