PDA

View Full Version : Job Vacancy

frank
18-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I've been looking around the jobs adverts.

Do you think this one wants more than his fair of flesh for the money offered?

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/jobs/info.php?jobid=482

US Iceman
18-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi Frank,

Well it certainly looks like someone is trying to get their moneys worth.:D

With that job description they should be offering twice that much.;)

taz24
18-06-2007, 10:01 PM

If you notice its for 40 hours a week plus overtime.
Just as well because the lucky guy will be spending so much time there he will need the overtime.

Its also been up for a few weeks now.
Maybe there are no takers.

taz.

LRAC
18-06-2007, 10:14 PM

I wouldn't aply for it i cant speak Scotish:D:D:D

Lrac

Latte
18-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Piece of cake :D

I Would apply, this would keep me busy in the mornings but it doesnt say what you do in the afternoons :eek:

Raymond

chillin out
18-06-2007, 10:32 PM
The wages are disgraceful up here, it's a joke.

I think I will go and work for Mcdonalds.

Chillin:):)

Brian_UK
18-06-2007, 11:04 PM
I like the follow on from the job title - Refrigeration Engineer.... somewhere near the bottom of the list of requirements is this bit:-

The role will involve a degree of hands on work with an mechanical / refrigeration basis.

So that's alright then ;)

engineer_mahesh
29-06-2007, 06:41 AM
Hi all,
I m looking for some opportunity in UK (any province)
I m the permanent resident of India.
So how can I got any RAC job in UK.
Can u tell me the requisites for this.

Regards
Mahesh

LRAC
29-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Hi all,
I m looking for some opportunity in UK (any province)
I m the permanent resident of India.
So how can I got any RAC job in UK.
Can u tell me the requisites for this.

Regards
Mahesh

1, No life
2, inferior complex
3, non sleeper
4, being able to eat food while driving
5, the ability to completely close you ears.
6, Un dieing devotion to your employeer
7, the ability to argue with the customer
8, constantly complain about your wages
9, sit on a customers site and have a 4 hour induction to change a fuse without falling asleep.
10, listen to the customer continually bitch at you as to whats wrong with it.
11, know how too read tarrot cards, crystal balls and be able to see into the future.

If you can accept all of the above your welcome anywhere in the world, have a good think about it. The UK at the moment is not top of everybodys places to get a job, there are better places in the world.

regards
Lrac

Brian_UK
29-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Having a bad week are we LRAC ?:D;)

LRAC
29-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Having a bad week are we LRAC ?:D;)

You could say that Brian, i'll be glad when this years over.

Kind regards
Lrac

engineer_mahesh
30-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Thanks Lrac,
Actually the desire to have international exposure & to perform at the top brings such ambitions into my mind, yet the monetory requirements make a men to work hard in life & to compete others. For any futher suggetion, you are welcome.
Regards
Mahesh

1, No life
2, inferior complex
3, non sleeper
4, being able to eat food while driving
5, the ability to completely close you ears.
6, Un dieing devotion to your employeer
7, the ability to argue with the customer
8, constantly complain about your wages
9, sit on a customers site and have a 4 hour induction to change a fuse without falling asleep.
10, listen to the customer continually bitch at you as to whats wrong with it.
11, know how too read tarrot cards, crystal balls and be able to see into the future.

If you can accept all of the above your welcome anywhere in the world, have a good think about it. The UK at the moment is not top of everybodys places to get a job, there are better places in the world.

regards
Lrac

micha1
01-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Can't wait to get out myself.

Dr._Fleck
01-09-2007, 10:29 PM
This country is ok, we're richer than we've ever been, think how poor people were in the seventies.

I'm sick of hearing about health and safey and political correctness but it's going to be the same for all the developed countries.

We don't get earthquakes, or volcanoes, or extreme weather(dispite what the papers say)

No, i say come to dear old blightey, but don't forget althought the money seems good, everything costs more.

micha1
01-09-2007, 10:36 PM
This country is ok, we're richer than we've ever been, think how poor people were in the seventies.

I'm sick of hearing about health and safey and political correctness but it's going to be the same for all the developed countries.

We don't get earthquakes, or volcanoes, or extreme weather(dispite what the papers say)

No, i say come to dear old blightey, but don't forget althought the money seems good, everything costs more.

As may be, but some of the less developed countrys can be so much fun. Depends what you want out of life.

Dr._Fleck
01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
I know what you mean, how many times have you seen stuff wired up abroad with strip connector hanging down, installations that have been absolutely thrown in:) often brings a smile to my face. Deliciously un PC

micha1
01-09-2007, 11:19 PM
You forget to mention contactors jammed in with sticks because it was the only way the ''tech'' could make it run.
What fun. Can't wait to find another contract. :o)

Abe
02-09-2007, 09:38 AM
What I like about the UK is here when we approach a problem we set out rules and procedures, sometimes these go over the top, but we set up a framework, it does not matter how much it will cost or the implications it has on prices, etc.

And then we stand by these standards, not flout them.
In the long run this augers on our overall standards and raises our profile.

I wish countries abroad would do the same

Lowrider
02-09-2007, 10:34 AM

Having standards is a good thing, just not the ones we have in Holland now, on some of the jobsites I come to.

On one job, a waste/energy company, I even have to get a working permit to clean out the filters on the indoor units and have to wear all personel protection devices, glasses, helmet, gloves, etc.

On one of the buildings, where they weigh the trucks coming in and going out, there are 2 split units on the roof, 3m high. I cannot use a ladder to get on the roof, but only with a vorklift with a special bucket on it or they have to build a scaffold! How about wasting time and money! There's a rail on the side of the roof where I can attach my ladder to, but they say it's too high up, so I can't!

About 3 months ago one off these unit's was down and I had to replace some stuff. The vorklift was busy and couldn't stay there while I was repairing the unit. I told the guy, just put me on the roof, give me your phonenumber and I'll call you 10 minutes before I'm ready. They then said I was an idiot for thinking like that and not thinking of my own safety!

In reply, I asked them, if I was to go on the roof with the vorklift and the guy was sitting in it at ground level and something where to happen to me while I was on the roof, how he could see? That never even crossed their mind!

So rules on safety and safe handling, OK, but not to the extend in Holland!

micha1
02-09-2007, 11:02 AM
What I like about the UK is here when we approach a problem we set out rules and procedures, sometimes these go over the top, but we set up a framework, it does not matter how much it will cost or the implications it has on prices, etc.

I see where you are coming from, but it does matter (the cost/price) beacause these are overheads that really hurt the small man. which means that with all the goodwill in the world the rules will be bent. Our working practices are good but we don't need this CYA culture.
Oh and its still nice to show off sometimes :o)

Abe
02-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I see where you are coming from, but it does matter (the cost/price) beacause these are overheads that really hurt the small man. which means that with all the goodwill in the world the rules will be bent. Our working practices are good but we don't need this CYA culture.
Oh and its still nice to show off sometimes :o)

I feel sometimes we "do" go over the top and in the process create cartels which wipe away the smaller man.

A lot of the times its knee jerk reactions like the unfortunate electrocution of a Ministers daughter which prompted the passing of the Part P regs.

Whilst we appreciate there is always a cowboy element, and the desires of the skilled trades to initiate protection, the end results should always be proportionate and fair.

There is also the danger that too much legislation and control could have adverse effects, as the deluge of information is not policeable or enforceable.

Tobacco taxes as an example. The tax element is so high, £5.50 for a pack of twenty, that it becomes lucrative for smugglers to bring in cheap cigarettes.

The real price of a packet is more like £3.00 on the black market

micha1
02-09-2007, 06:18 PM
There is also the danger that too much legislation and control could have adverse effects, as the deluge of information is not policeable or enforceable.

Or even understandable most of the time.
But my point is that there is no fun or adventure anymore. Even other peoples failings add to the exitement while working in these other countrys, Even though it adds to the risk factor.
I like the way you think things through though.

The Viking
02-09-2007, 07:17 PM

Abe,
You forgot the biggest step, admitingly the last one but still the biggest:

And then we moan when people find better solutions to the original problem and can offer a cheaper solution....:D

Dr._Fleck
03-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Can you imagine what it will be like in 20 years?!

It will be too dangerous to get out of bed in case we fall down the stairs and sue the house builders.

Where has all the common sense gone.

I AM A GROWN MAN RESPOSIBLE FOR MY OWN ACTIONS! H&S rules are SO patronising.:mad:

przemo2
22-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi my name is Peter. My job experience is not maybe what employers would expect from great engineer but if any of them would give me a chance to prove my knowledge I promise to become one of the most reliable, responsible and flexible worker in their company .I’ve finished 5 years engineering programmed school(Certificate in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (Poland)) ,also Refrigeration and Air Conditioning NVQ 2 at North West College in London and of course Certificates in handling of refrigerants , brazing … I ‘m engineer with experience of maintenance and installation of a/c & refrigeration systems (domestic, commercial), good English communications skills, full English driving license etc…If you looking for responsible, reliable with huge enthusiasm and ability to learn new skills worker to join your team I’m the right person!! Please find my CV attached where you can find a lot more info about my work experience & qualifications.
So if you have any vacancy for a/c engineer or any additional questions please don’t hesitate and contact me… I will be very happy to hear from you soon!!!

Kind regards Peter Przemyslaw Rybarczyk

glenn1340
22-01-2009, 05:55 PM

27 grand?....I wouldn`t get out of bed for that:D

przemo2
23-01-2009, 01:17 PM
it looks like contract.... with devil.whot from that is for employeee.