PDA

View Full Version : Scroll compressor with TXV no Receiver no filter Dryer

FCS
18-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Scroll compressor with TXV no Receiver no filter Dryer

Could some one give me a technical explanation the how’s and whys.

ernestlin
18-06-2007, 05:09 AM
No Receiver? why? how to add or reclaim refrigerant?? if there're some spare orifices available in your system? And, how much capacity is ur scroll? Some small units can work well without Receiver.

lana
18-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi FCS,

System with TEV and without receiver can be done, but the problem is the refrigerant charge.
When there is no receiver the charge becomes critical. Like cap tube system.
In my opinion system without filter is not acceptable. Specially for refrigerants which need synthetic oils. These oils are hygroscopic and need a good filter.
On the other hand when system is installed and brazing is done then there are lots of debris in the system. If there is no filter then these debris will cause a problem with the TEV.

Cheers

The MG Pony
18-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I can answer why: A jack ass (By no means should that statement reflect poorly on donkies, they are actualy quite bright and very good companions!) at work with no clue as to what they are doing.

Technical? Not at all and wont last very long with out major issues.

As Lana said, you don't necessarily have to have a receiver with a TXV system, how ever it makes life allot easier and makes the system more forgiving.

lana
18-06-2007, 08:33 AM
A jack ass (By no means should that statement reflect poorly on donkies, they are actualy quite bright and very good companions!) at work with no clue as to what they are doing.

Nice comparison.:D

Cheers

taz24
18-06-2007, 08:41 AM
Scroll compressor with TXV no Receiver no filter Dryer

Could some one give me a technical explanation the how’s and whys.

It depends on the system.
Some systems over size the cond and alow the refrigeant to back up there when the TEV shuts down.

Cheers taz.

Samarjit Sen
19-06-2007, 06:19 AM
A system with TEV without a reciever is fine. I have seen a number of installation of this type and they are operating. But a Filter/Drier in a refrigeration system is a must.

Lowrider
19-06-2007, 10:51 PM
A system with TEV without a reciever is fine. I have seen a number of installation of this type and they are operating. But a Filter/Drier in a refrigeration system is a must.

I agree! Most of the systems I work on don't have a receiver but a larger condensor to buffer liquid. Filter/drier is a must since 95% of the "refrigeration engineers" braze without Nitrogen!