PDA

View Full Version : Public Liability Insurance

Contactor
17-06-2007, 02:26 AM
:eek:Who is everyone using for public liability insurance?

I have tried to explain to several morons that I get called into all sorts of different places, that I work at heights over 15M, that I use oxyacetylene etc... etc...

I need cover up to £5 million for some of my customers.

It seems that most of the big companies offer a standard policy of 1 or 2 million for working in small offices, retail and domestic places only, up to 15 metres heights with no cover for hot work or electrical.

I'm finding it very hard to get the cover I want which is annoying and taking up a lot of time.

I did find one policy which seemed to cover it -but only up to 1 million -which isn't enough to get through the door in some places. When I asked for a quote for 5 million I got transferred to the panic station who never called back!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

WebRam
17-06-2007, 08:30 AM
PM me and I will give you the name of the guy I use.

LRAC
17-06-2007, 08:39 AM
we operate with a £10 million liability cover,you will not get the policy your after with the big boys.

find a local independent insurance broker who will be able to find you a policy, just make sure you state that the brazing content of your jobs is in a percentage i.e 10% 20% etc, this will keep your premiums down.

More than likely you will have a layered policy which means:

The first insurance company is liable for the first amount say upto £ 2 million and the secound company is liable for the remaining £ 3 million, in this case the second layered cover is very cheap as most claims will not reach the point of claiming on the second policy.

I will check this out Monday for the names of the insurance companies.

Kind regards
Lrac

taz24
17-06-2007, 10:36 AM
:eek:Who is everyone using for public liability insurance?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have used the Pearl in the past.
Very good for me.
2 million, 5 million no problem. Brazing, gas work, height.
Not used for two years so don't know what they are like now.

But I have a phone number if you want to contact them.

Cheers taz.

monkey spanners
17-06-2007, 01:00 PM
We use NFU for our insurance, you will need to go and see one of thier reps to go through what you want with your public liability, too complicated over the phone.

Contactor
17-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Many thanks for all help and suggestions, will be spending another half day on the hands free kit tomorrow...

WCC73
18-06-2007, 01:17 AM
I use towergate( have to google it)
I found them cheapest by miles