PDA

View Full Version : what oil for r-23?

johnny1
23-08-2002, 01:49 AM
Does anyone know what oil is to be used with r-23? The company I work for has been using alkbenzyne. I just took over the equipment and am experiencing big trouble with it. If I need to change the oil in this system what's the propper way to remove the old and add the new oil?

shaun spencer
26-08-2002, 01:42 PM
POE oil for R23

Germada
20-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Hello Johnny1,

Alkbenzyne oil is absolute ok for R23.

Latte
20-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Hello Johnny1,

According to the British DTI, Alkbenzyne oil is OK for R23.
I have never used it but that's what it say's on their webside.

mano
18-07-2006, 10:02 AM
Please consult compresssor manufacturing.

Sir Josiah Sodd
18-07-2006, 10:32 AM
According to the British DTI, Alkbenzyne oil is OK for R23.

Really?

Since when did the DTI know anything about refrigeration except what ACRIB tell 'em?

Have you got a link for this revelation, please?

Rob S
19-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Change to R508B.. because its discharge temps are much lower than R23
Use POE "150vis"
You're going to want to change the oil in LS oil sep. too.. or just cut it out if its not a Temprite.

Neither R23 nor R508B will carry Alky oil worth a damn at -100F

What kind of chambers are these, compressors (type, size, manufact), and their running usage.

wambat
19-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Dupont recommends POE!
*****® 23 is an HFC retrofit refrigerant for R-13 and R-503 in very low temperature applications [below -40°F to -100°F (-40°C to -73°C)] such as medical freezers and environmental chambers. It can be used in new systems as well as to retrofit existing systems.

D.D.KORANNE
26-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Johnny1,
You Can Use Fuchs Make Sez 22 Oil For Low Side Cascades With R-23,

D.d.koranne

monkey spanners
26-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Don't know how proper it is but for oil removal i use an old disposable cylinder with hole drilled near the top and a piece of 1/4" copper brazed in leading to a hand valve. A piece of clear pvc hose long enough to reach from the hand valve to the compressor. Pull vacuum on original tap, feed pvc hose into sump from oil top up hole open hand valve, job done.:D If you're working on hermetics with rotalock valves get some small bore silicone hose (model car fuel pipe, try model/hobby shop) as its more flexible and can be fed in the suction connection. Make sure oil is nice and hot or it will come out like a fountain when disturbed by the hose:( Also be sure to empty cylinder well before it is full or your vac pump will fire oil all over the place:eek: To empty, push oil out with a little ofn (5psi). Or you could buy a recovery cylinder outright (RPW in the uk sells them) and use the dip tube connection for filling and other one for vacuum. Used to suck new oil back in with some other fittings, a funnel and a measuring jug. Have got a refco hand pump now.

hope this is of some use
Jon