PDA

View Full Version : r-23 low stage, cascade system

johnny1
22-08-2002, 01:03 AM
Hello out there. I am working on a cascade system with r-23 for the low stage and r-22 for the high stage. I'm trying to recover the low stage with a high pressure recovery unit. It seems it's taking for ever to recover the refrigerent. I got 30 lbs of vapor out in 8 hours? Is there a better way?:confused:

superheat
22-08-2002, 03:52 PM
Your recovery system is not designed for that job. After you get the liquid out of the system, put a vacuum pump between the system and the recovery machine. You can get a fitting to screw into the outlet of your vacuum pump. This increases the pressure on your recovery compressor and decreases the dicharge pressure on your vacuum pump.

P.S. I have an old vacuum pump that I pipe in parralel with a good pump to draw deeper vacuums quicker as well.

cascade tech
06-08-2007, 09:53 PM
I know this is an ancient post but thought id share my view. I just stick the recovery cylinder in another chamber if available amd take it down to -60 before starting the recovery.

Rob S
16-08-2007, 04:59 AM
I accually do use the overpriced EPA appoved high pressure refrigerants recovery machine. But then I charge for its use.
The only mechanical one on the market is listed a 1/2 pound vapor per min.
Basicly you just have to put the machine on... go do another call or two.

telzen
09-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Johnny, Have the same problems here in holland. Same system. have tryed placeng a recycle cil. in a large container with cold-ice. If temp goes down it makes it a little easier. but there's no way to get it all in a cilinder.
ps. Wach out when such a system goes up in temp. Pressure of the R23 will be 30 bars or more when temp comes above 10 degrees.
Good luck

connellpaul
29-03-2009, 01:50 PM
I built a recovery unit that uses a high pressure bottle as a condenser. The bottle is cooled with a R507 system. The R507 coils wrap around the outside of the R23 bottle. When the bottle is full I heat it up with anti frost heater cable and let it flood into another R23 recovery bottle. Then I can start again and cool down the first bottle and recover some more R23.

azahedi
05-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi
I am trying to design a R23-R22 cascade system. I have decided to have a 5HP scroll Comp for low cycle and 10HP comp for high cycle and a Plate cascade heat exchanger and air cooled condensor. My cooling load is at most 5KW and operating temperatures are -70C for evaporating and 35C for condensing.
I have to have a tight temperature control +/-1C.
I wanted to know if it is ok?!
I don`t have enough catalogues for selecting my compressor, Plate HE, TEV, Solenoid valves,...
whould you please help me?

rhinelander
08-06-2009, 02:52 AM
Hello out there. I am working on a cascade system with r-23 for the low stage and r-22 for the high stage. I'm trying to recover the low stage with a high pressure recovery unit. It seems it's taking for ever to recover the refrigerent. I got 30 lbs of vapor out in 8 hours? Is there a better way?:confused:
Just did a job in mexico and used a second chamber to cool down drums and removed 70 pounds in about 2 hours.

DTBtech
21-11-2009, 10:01 PM
i still deal with r-13 as well as r-23 , if you have liquid nitrogen and a portable j/c with a solenoid valve you can make a coffin insulate it an pump that into that with the container inside usual go to -130 that's 0 psi for 13. use that about once a month. never had a problem. open up the low side the refrigerant just walks out the compressor into the bottle.