PDA

View Full Version : LG air con training

monkey spanners
13-06-2007, 09:48 PM
If you are in the market for some training on LG, get your self down to wonderful slough:eek:
Spent a day there today on their vrf course, got a edc phase checker, as much coffee as i could drink, and some useful info on thier kit:)

Jon

LRAC
14-06-2007, 07:11 AM
If you are in the market for some training on LG, get your self down to wonderful slough:eek:
Spent a day there today on their vrf course, got a edc phase checker, as much coffee as i could drink, and some useful info on thier kit:)

Jon

A training course for LG your kidding me, it takes 4 years to get a doctorate in turetts diagnosis.

All i hear people say is f**K,F**K and oh S**T i'm back at this LG unit again. Was Hendrig doing the training or was he too busy on the phone,BT have informed me the gross profit of LG uk increased by 500% after introducing a technical helpline.

Regards
Lrac

Abe
14-06-2007, 12:43 PM
I was told 2 years ago that I was on a priority list for training when the centre first opened......

Still waiting for the invite....

monkey spanners
14-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Hi Lrac, yes Hendrag was doing the training, certainly knows his stuff, no salesman type bulls**t, tells it how it is.
Abe, the guy there from two years ago has been kicked out for being a numpty, give your distributor a call if your interested in any courses.

I'm not saying you've got to fit the stuff, but as with anything knowing how it should work may help with fixing it if or when it goes wrong.

Cheers Jon:)

frank
14-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Hi Jon

Now that you have been on the course have you got anymore faith in the product? Be interesting to hear.

Rhew
14-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Hi Jon
Did you have to pay for the privalage of attending, or was it free like Fujitsu and the Mitsi courses.

monkey spanners
14-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Hi Frank

My attitude to LG and things in general is "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

The course i was on was for VRF's which i doubt i'll be fitting as the six months it would take me to fit on my own probhably wouldn't suit the customer:o
The cassettes and mirrorcool/artcool units looked better designed than previous models but i will know more when i do the split course.
I'm not about to drop Fujitsu and Panasonic to fit LG exclusively, but domestic customers like the look of the art and mirror cool units so if that is what they want, that is what they will get.

I was more impressed with the kit than i thought i would be.

I read this today in my zen quotes book(was going to put in "though for the day" but someone has put something good there today already)

There is nothing either
good or bad but thinking
makes it so.

Shakespeare

Hi Rhew, it was free, as was the inverter tester.

Cheers Jon

Abe
14-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Im fitting Mitshubishis, a Daikin now and then, and installed a Hitachi today

When it comes to floor mounts, I use LG .......because there the only ones who do them I believe.

Ive been installing the big 20 Kw's, and the 12.5 Kw and am impressed with the performance. They look good as well.

Andy W
15-06-2007, 07:14 PM
I dont think I could ever be persuaded to install LG again and if I was it would take a damn site more than a phase tester! (no offence to monkey spanners)

monkey spanners
15-06-2007, 10:43 PM
None taken:)

LRAC
16-06-2007, 09:35 AM
I dont think I could ever be persuaded to install LG again and if I was it would take a damn site more than a phase tester! (no offence to monkey spanners)

In life things do change i swore never to fit LG 5 years ago as they were complete C*ap. Her indoors pressured me for months about fiting a/c to our bedrooms.

She never liked the look of white high wall units and didn't want the disruption of installing a ducted system, along comes rep with LG gallery units that look like a flat screen tv,before you know it she's ordered 3 changed the install guys work schedule and hey presto gallery units everywhere. I must say at the moment i'm quite impressed but whether they last the course is a different question.

1 good thing about the gallery units is you can change the picture in them, i'm putting pictures of my wedding in mine to remind me of the 2 worsts days of my life,

1. getting married &
2. installing LG at home.

As iv'e always told the wife i only got married for the honeymoon trip, and its true:D:D:D:D

Kind regards
Lrac

superswill
04-07-2007, 10:08 PM
i dont know i think iam up for fitting LG i mean a phase checker is better than the usual free pen

but joking apart i fitted four 5kw 4 way cassettes(UT30NFC i think from memory)
in a hotel lobby last month and bar the silly way you have to wire them to work in a group i was quite impressed,and are going to visit an LG distributor for work to have a look and play with there new VRV system so will keep everyone in the picture

hendrag
05-07-2007, 08:10 AM
I read yet again mixed reviews of the LG kit, my comments on this can be seen elsewhere on this site. ref having trouble with any kit, i can sympathise, it would take more than an inverter tester to convince me to try a unit again if it had cost me money first time round. Attending a training course doesnt mean you have to place an order, come along and tell us what went wrong, you never know we may be able to give you some useful advise and if not at least you will get a chance to swear at us face to face.

The training at lg is designed to make it easier for the engineers to fit the units and fix it when it goes wrong. With ref the cost the courses are still free at the moment but we wil be charging an admin fee in the Autumn to make sure you turn up, 25 quid will be the cost.

email me for details dates etc.

regards

Graham Hendra lg tech manager for aircon UK

frank
06-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Good on you Graham for your positive approach to the ongoing dissatifaction with LG kit in the trade. May even attend mesen :)

eggs
06-07-2007, 11:02 PM
The training at lg is designed to make it easier for the engineers to fit the units and fix it when it goes wrong.

No comment!!!!

Cheers

eggs

Andy W
07-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Perhaps have a LG training seminar in a lap dancing club with a free bar and I may be able to fit it in my busy schedule as I am sure others will as well.

paul_h
11-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't have much experience with LG, I mainly repair fuji, panasonic, samsung and a bunch of cheaper stuff (varies year to year, if their support and parts service is bad, we boot them)
A bit of background, I work for an old company (est. 1948), and we have a lot of manufacturer support, so most companies want to get us to support their product.
That's not to say the field tech gets any training and support, we get pretty much nothing. Either the office is holding out on us or the manufacturers don't give a damn.
Anyway, LG isn't a big seller in australia, but the ones I saw reminded me a lot of mitsubishi (not heavy industy the regular type).
But the saying around here is LG - Lucky it Gos.
Chin up though, all the japanese manufacturers are contracting all their stuff to china, it's hard to find a fuji or pana not made in china these days. The koreans have had a headstart and will more likely end up better.

hendrag
12-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Ref the comments on lapdancing and free beer, i cant offfer these at training courses im afraid shame though those days are over. ref making units in China i cant comment for other manufactureres but all our stuff is made in Korea. back to the serious stuff If anyone needs more info on training go to www.mylg.co.uk (http://www.mylg.co.uk) and click on training all the info is there book up quick and get em while they are still free. regards Hendrag