PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Vrv Indoor No Cooling

philjd26
13-06-2007, 09:36 PM
HI,JUST A QUICK ONE....SERVICING A VRV K SERIES AND WAS CHECKING SAT LIQUID TEMP FROM CONTROLLER,YOU KNOW THE ONE! CODE 42....ANY WAY 5 UNITS ON SYSTEM,,,4 OF WHICH HAD 0c TEMPS WHICH LOOKS GOOD TO ME HOWEVER ONE ONLY GETTING TO 15c...WHICH TO ME LOOKS LIKE DODGEY PMV OR BS BOX..ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE THIS BEFORE ???

CHEERS

The Viking
13-06-2007, 09:47 PM
PMV, yes but I would check the "head"/actuator before the valve itself.
BS box, again, yes, inside there are (I think) 3 solenoids, their coils has been known to fail and depending on which one it is it would cause the problem you experience.

Does it work OK in heating?

philjd26
13-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Viking,no I Havent Checked In Heating Mode,it Was At A Glance But Will Tackle Tommorrow..why You Have Symtoms?...

The Viking
13-06-2007, 10:54 PM
It was just a thought,
The PMV is common for both heating and cooling. the solenoid valves in the box isn't.

cool#9
15-06-2007, 09:02 PM
HI,JUST A QUICK ONE....SERVICING A VRV K SERIES AND WAS CHECKING SAT LIQUID TEMP FROM CONTROLLER,YOU KNOW THE ONE! CODE 42....ANY WAY 5 UNITS ON SYSTEM,,,4 OF WHICH HAD 0c TEMPS WHICH LOOKS GOOD TO ME HOWEVER ONE ONLY GETTING TO 15c...WHICH TO ME LOOKS LIKE DODGEY PMV OR BS BOX..ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE THIS BEFORE ???

CHEERS
Hi, try for example to work the faulty unit alone in cooling mode then check if there's low pressure drop on outdoor unit.
Try to fully open the motor if you know the procedure.
If you open the unit check for filters temperature in/out while running in cooling mode.
0°c in code 41 is low maybe your faulty unit is in freeze-up protection...
Hope this helps
rgds
cool#9

philjd26
15-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi, try for example to work the faulty unit alone in cooling mode then check if there's low pressure drop on outdoor unit.
Try to fully open the motor if you know the procedure.
If you open the unit check for filters temperature in/out while running in cooling mode.
0°c in code 41 is low maybe your faulty unit is in freeze-up protection...
Hope this helps
rgds
cool#9

hi cool,thanks will try it out