PDA

View Full Version : whirlpool fridge freezer

skyguy
13-06-2007, 07:50 PM
I have a whirlpool frost free fridge freezer and the temp will not go lower than 5 deg both in the fridge and the freezercan anyone help as a novice i think it needs regassing.

taz24
13-06-2007, 09:15 PM
I have a whirlpool frost free fridge freezer and the temp will not go lower than 5 deg both in the fridge and the freezercan anyone help as a novice i think it needs regassing.

and just where would you put the gas?

taz

Karl Hofmann
13-06-2007, 10:03 PM

Sky,

Fridges aren't like cars, they shouldn't need periodic attention to the refrigerant. If it needs "regassing", then your next stop should be Curries

Although some of the domestic equipment guys may be able to help you better, the first thing that I would do is clean out any heat exchangers that may be blocked with fluff / dog hair/ dead spiders or kids gerbil, then I would defrost it, yeah I know its supposed to be frost free... but

monkey spanners
13-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Turn it off for 48hours with the doors open to defrost it. then shut doors and turn back on, may need water emptying from driptray/drain pan as it melts. Fan motor,'s running?