PDA

View Full Version : Condensation inside packaging

bernard
12-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi

I had a customer with condensation inside their food packaging today,I,ve never seen this before,The packaging was air tight.It was not all the food products just some.The only explanation I could think of was that the food was sat on the shop floor to long prior to loading it into HT case.Or could there be another explanation.Also check the defrost temp all ok.

Regards Bernard

lana
13-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Hi Bernard,

I think the problem is from the original packaging plant. I have seen packaging areas for different products which had different air conditions.
For every product packaging, there is a recommended air conditions (dry bulb and relative humidity). Some of the companies I have seen had their own temperature and RH set points (maybe from experience or some guidelines). These are not only for packaging but also for the product to stay in good condition before the packaging.

Cheers

chillin out
13-06-2007, 10:58 PM
The only explanation I could think of was that the food was sat on the shop floor to long prior to loading it into HT case.
I would go along with this as well.

Even if the product was packaged in a room with zero moisture, the product itself still contains water.

Product warms up... expels water.... you cool the packaging and condense the water on the wrapper.

Chillin:):)