PDA

View Full Version : hitachi dc inverter

refaircon
12-06-2007, 05:11 PM
whats your views??

good or bad

karl1984
14-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Excellent. Up there with Daikin, Tosh, Mitsi.

Well designed as well. Wiring on splits is a little different as they keep the PCB protected by way of a separate 2 core cable.

Abe
16-06-2007, 09:09 PM
The Hitachi we installed........a wall mount 5 Kw Inverter.
System was switched on today.

Operating quite well in my opinion. The indoor fan is quite and blows well.

Nice thing was there are only two interconnecting cables between Indoor and Outdoor, plus earth of course.

The outdoor unit electrical cover which encloses both the connections and the valves is a bit fiddly to push back in and held in with one solitary screw.

I do wish the manufacturers would come up with a cover which fits in cleanly and quickly.

Also had the gauges hooked up whilst testing, the heavens opened up , the cover wont fit whilst the gauges are attached, not very safe with electrics potentially exposed.

Overall on par with the Mitshubishi and the other top brands.

Manufacturer takes care and puts these polystyrene inserts to protect fan and compressor during transit. You have to remove all these before you start up. Shows that the system you install is pretty intact, in case the carrier has been heavy handed.

Which reminds me of some deliveries I had a couple of years back. I had units delivered to site. When I got there the outdoor units were thrown in, upside down !!

I shant say who the Distributor was.. but it was not any of the premium brands.

I complained to the Distributor..........and lo behold the next lot were delivered...........yes.........to my horror when i got to site..............Upside down !!

So I understand the thinking of Hitachi tying the fan and compressor in to minimise movement during transit.

Overall. not bad, time shall tell, I dont have hesitation fitting another one.

Ahh well, back to my desk top on Monday.......:)

refaircon
17-06-2007, 11:45 AM
thanx for the views
look forward to putting some more of these in myself

rob