PDA

View Full Version : zinc coated copper capillary brazing

bujas
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Hello evryone :)

Did you ever tried to braze zinc coated capillary to copper dryer?
As far as I know Silfos alloy with silver Cu-P-Ag (2-15%) is not enough. It can be applied without flux only to Cu/Cu joints. And seems that zinc coating need a flux.
Any suggestions?

Mike

taz24
13-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Hello evryone :)

Did you ever tried to braze zinc coated capillary to copper dryer?
As far as I know Silfos alloy with silver Cu-P-Ag (2-15%) is not enough. It can be applied without flux only to Cu/Cu joints. And seems that zinc coating need a flux.
Any suggestions?

Mike

Just scrape the zinc off at the point you wish to joint it.
It will then be a sraight copper to copper joint.
If you want to braze the zinc then use silfos with a bit of flux.That will join anything.

taz.

Peter_1
16-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Bujas, typically these days, asking a question and then never come back to share your experience with us.
We all can learn from this

bujas
18-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Bujas, typically these days, asking a question and then never come back to share your experience with us.
We all can learn from this

sorry, I was a little bit busy last days

taz24's recommendation seems to be logical option
my experience says that use of flux increase operation time and heat distribution that may cause capillary walls attachment

taz24
18-06-2007, 09:11 PM
sorry, I was a little bit busy last days

taz24's recommendation seems to be logical option
my experience says that use of flux increase operation time and heat distribution that may cause capillary walls attachment

Just insert the capillary in as far as you can without it interfering with the internal filter on the dryer.
Use a large flame and go in and braze it up fast.
Concentrate your heat on the base of the dryer not the capillary. If you overheat the capillary you will damge it at that point but if you concentrate your heat on the dryer you will be fine.
You could be in brazed up and out again within 10 to 20 secs.
Flux will not affect heat up ime.

Cheers taz.