PDA

View Full Version : Aircon advice please

fridge doctor
09-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi all, new user of this site but very old hand in the game..

Moved from UK to Cyprus and been thrown in at the deep end with regard to split AC, which is the bread and butter stuff here. I have installed loads in the past, but never had any real probs with them.

Anyone give me any basics on fault finding with regard to control/circuit boards... Is there a (more or less) standardized sequence of events for all manufacturers beginning with the IR receiving board and following on through ?

Also, I had a prob the other day with an inverter, and although I knew what the principle was all about, I had great difficulty interpreting my service guage readings as they were up and down - presumably in relation to the load - but that don't help much if you are trying to adjust a refrigerant charge which you believe to be incorrect.

Any advice greatly appreciated. My speciality was commercial refrig. If I can assist anyone I will be happy to do so.... thanks

Brian_UK
09-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Hi FD and welcome to the forum.

As far as I know there aren't any specific instruction lists for fault finding the modern electronics.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try and track down the manufacturers' website and download as much technical information as possible.

The fault finding error codes of the larger manufacturers are normally explained quite well in their manuals.

The Viking
09-06-2007, 11:14 PM
+1

And when it comes to charging an inverted A/C system, there really only is one way, recover and weigh it back in.
(Sorry)