PDA

View Full Version : Career chiller

wolf
07-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm working on this chiller it's winter now, so i need only heating i'v got 160 fan coils with electrical duct heaters .The problem is that many cold water stop valves are leaking so even on heating i'm geting cold air.My question is can i shut water valves cose i need only heating right now?Would that afect system?
Thanks

taz24
07-06-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm working on this chiller it's winter now, so i need only heating i'v got 160 fan coils with electrical duct heaters .The problem is that many cold water stop valves are leaking so even on heating i'm geting cold air.My question is can i shut water valves cose i need only heating right now?Would that afect system?
Thanks

The quick easy answer is yes close the valves.

The more complex answer would be if it is winter and only heating is on why is cold water passing through the valves?
Is the system still in use to chill other sections?
If it is then isolate the valves local to the coil and you should be fine.
If the system is not required just shut down the system and isolate a few key valves to prevent heat transfer through conduction.

Cheers taz

Pol
07-06-2007, 10:40 PM
The quick easy answer is yes close the valves.

The more complex answer would be if it is winter and only heating is on why is cold water passing through the valves?
Is the system still in use to chill other sections?
If it is then isolate the valves local to the coil and you should be fine.
If the system is not required just shut down the system and isolate a few key valves to prevent heat transfer through conduction.

Cheers taz

The chilled water pumps might be kept running to prevent the outdoor chiller and piping from freezing. Worth checking for glycol before you shut them valves.