PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Fujitsu Design!

sinewave
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Had a water leak on a new 2.6kW Wall mounted Fujitsu Inveter today.

On initial investigation the drain pan looked like it was blocked as there was no water running down the clear drain hose inside the trunking and yet it was comming over the side of the drain pan on cooling.

No probs I thought as I've had this problem before with new units.

You can quite often get a pea sized bit of the polystyrene packaging that's got stuck in the coil etc and then, on use, it gets flushed down the drain hose and can get stuck at the point where the field supply drain is connected to the 'Elephants Trunk drain.

Usual trick is to shove a small diameter hose down the drain pan outlet and blow it out with your mouth.

The new Fujitsu Wall mounts are designed so that you cannot even see the outlet or get any sort of access to it what so ever on the standard right hand side drain outlet! :mad:

How toss is that!

Scooby
06-06-2007, 10:33 PM
would have been worse on a friday afternoon...:(

as usually happens with me.....

Scooby

Dr._Fleck
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Ha, ha enjoy matey, my service days are well behind me.. Young mans game.

i know... sell them a new one and i'll go and fit it.

I haven't been on call since 2000:D:D:D

Andy W
07-06-2007, 07:20 AM
I have never had a drain problem on a Fujitsu and I have now installed lots of them, unlike LG, every one I installed I went back to .............

sinewave
07-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I agree Andy, I've only had this proble three times before.

Once on a Sanyo and Twice on a Fujitsu, wouldn't touch LG with a Bargepole! :eek:

My gripe was not so much the blockage but the fact that what should be an easy fix is made virtually impossible without fully dismantling just because of a stupid change in design.

They never used to be like that! :confused:

robin r33 gtr
08-06-2007, 11:58 PM
I work on lots of fujitsu systems and i had this problem for the first time last week. I just used a long thin cable tie to clear the drain hole. The slot is about 3mm high and 20mm long what a crap design. I have not taken a drip tray out but wonder if you can just cut the hole bigger.