PDA

View Full Version : CFC's and Canada Law

reefermadness
06-06-2007, 02:50 AM
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the exact law for CFC refrigerant in Canada is. I know its illegal to use, but what about just having old stock?? Canadian law is really hard to find on this, or should i just say that its hard to understand through all the BS.

RIP: 12, 502, 500, the latter will always be my fav.

Reefermadness

The MG Pony
06-06-2007, 05:05 AM
I don't know, you technically are not allowed to sell it or ship it. I'm pretty certain old stock is supposed to be dropped off to be incinerated. I came across a tiny amount that I'm going to hide away to use in my 12 Volt fridge project as the way they built the compressor I can't change the oil out. So I'd say do the same, tuck away a tiny amount for personal use and send the rest in?!

Of course any personal systems be sure to tripple check it to ensure it is as hermetic as pluasible ;)

mecassa
08-06-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey dudes, I don't believe CFC refrigerants are illegal to use, as far as I'm aware, it's illegal to manufacture and sell em. My supplier confirmed this several months ago. You can still use the stuff so long as the system is declared leak free and you recover when retrofitting, we return the recovered gas and tank back to our supplier.

Cheers