PDA

View Full Version : ACC condensing unit 50/60 HZ

jan willem
05-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Whe have install some condensing units from ACC type CMS26T3N1 400/440V 50/60HZ. The unit can be used on both frequentie.Now the problem is that the condensor fan is 230 V/50HZ:confused: and when the unit is running the condensor fan shut off after 5-10 min.The factory of ACC said to me that the condensor fan can running on 230V/60HZ with out any problem.Can any body tell me why the condensor fan shut off and did any body worked with this kind of units from ACC.When the unit is running on 50 HZ no problem

jan willem

jaison
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
sirs, I also facing like these problem.can we run 220v 50 hz compressor on 220v 60 hz supplay voltage.Somebody telling if we put one capacitor on the circuit it will work normal, but i dont know how they connected it.can anybody explain it.

taz24
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
.Can any body tell me why the condensor fan shut off and did any body worked with this kind of units from ACC.When the unit is running on 50 HZ no problem

jan willem

Changeing the Hz by 10 will only affect the speed of the fan.
That is how inverters work.
So adjusting the Hz by 10 should not affect your motor.
If the motor cuts out after ten mins of running you need to check for overheating and voltage to fan.
Does the motor run hot or hotter than you would think?

Cheers taz.

jan willem
06-06-2007, 10:35 PM
The problem is the unit is running in the USA they have only 60HZ over there. How do you see to change the Hz from 60 to 50. The main problem is that the ACC compangy in Spain sold me the condensing units and said that the unit can run with out any problem on on 440V/60Hz. Now there is a problem they are not home.

Cofreth
07-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Probably you can run the fan with a 200V 60Hz power supply by installing a stepdown transformer for the fan motor?

taz24
07-06-2007, 08:17 PM
The problem is the unit is running in the USA they have only 60HZ over there. How do you see to change the Hz from 60 to 50. The main problem is that the ACC compangy in Spain sold me the condensing units and said that the unit can run with out any problem on on 440V/60Hz. Now there is a problem they are not home.

If the fan is 3phase chect the fans rotation.
3 phase fans will run in any direction.

Is the fan single phase?
Or is the fan 3 phase?
The the fan will run OK at 60Hz but the voltage is critical.
Check the wireing
Check the running amp of the motor.

Test the electrics with a good meter.

taz.

jan willem
07-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Hi Taz,

The fan moter is a single phase 220V/50HZ the ACC-group send me a email that it was no problem working with 230V/60HZ.
Whe did some test today in our in our factory whe tested the fan on 200V/60HZ and 230V/60HZ in both times the fan stops after 10 min on his internal
protection:mad:.And than whe tested on 50HZ no problems with the fan.
So the fan can not be used by 60HZ. Now who is going to pay the bill for al the probems not me. I have to fly next week to the USA to change 3 fans:mad:.So i think that the F*cking company of ACC-group pays all of it.

And yes i think i have one of the best meters a fluke that meter costed me 1300 euro's:eek:.

jan willem

Lowrider
07-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Most of the machines and even the radio at home can run on 50 or 60 Hz.

The only difference is that on 60 Hz the output is slightly higher!

All 3 phase machines should be checked for correct rotation before operation! Allways right rotation! If not motors, compressors and fans won't work correct! A fan rotating backwards isn't a big problem, it just blows the air the other way out, but a compressor running backwards! You do the math!!!!!