PDA

View Full Version : York heat pump

Pete the cool
04-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi,
Anybody know where I can get hold of some technical info on a York roomtop heat pump
Model RTH-25-B?
I can try monkeying about with it and prodding hopefully at circuit boards and the like ,but it's better if you know what you're doing , or ,more importantly , you look like you know what you're doing.
This thing is erratic in its' operation ,sometimes too cold ,sometimes too warm .

Pete the cool. Kent U.K

analog
06-06-2007, 03:24 AM
Hi,
Anybody know where I can get hold of some technical info on a York roomtop heat pump
Model RTH-25-B?
I can try monkeying about with it and prodding hopefully at circuit boards and the like ,but it's better if you know what you're doing , or ,more importantly , you look like you know what you're doing.
This thing is erratic in its' operation ,sometimes too cold ,sometimes too warm .

Pete the cool. Kent U.K

Having summered in Kent, I know the trouble a broken air conditioner can cause. I think it was the spring of '97 that ours went awry. I called the Queen mum, she sent her finest horseman, but nay, a repairman to be found. She dispatched faultsmen from Yorkshire, to no avail.

Perhaps a call on your tele to a local air conditioning company will result in better service than Her Highness and myself experienced.

frank
06-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I called the Queen mum, she sent her finest horseman, but nay, a repairman to be found. She dispatched faultsmen from Yorkshire, to no avail.

Perhaps a call on your tele to a local air conditioning company will result in better service than Her Highness and myself experienced.

Not a very helpful response Mr Analog. I'm sure that Pete will be impressed with your assistance.

By the way, what sort of 'humour' is that? American? Canadian? British? I think not. :(

The MG Pony
06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought it was a fitting answer for the way the original Q was asked, in fact more then. any one who thinks just "looking like you know what you are doing" should not be allowed to work on any thing. One should know what they are doing, a nonsense worded question earns a non sense answer IMO.

Hi,
Model RTH-25-B?

Pete the cool. Kent U.K

That line is a big fat red flag fore me, perhaps he didn't intend it to be taken seriously but he put it in non the less which reflects poorly on character in my mind to even think such a thing.