PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor unit won't work on Daikin FTX

Daikinprob
03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi, really hoping an expert can help with this problem. Got a Daikin FTXS20D3 inverter room air conditioner fitted last summer. All went well until our TV aerial was struck by lightning. The unit wasn't on at the time but hasn't worked properly since. Daikin engineers came round and changed the outside unit and the pump that draws the refridgerant up from the outdoor unit. Charged £750. It worked while they were there, 5 days ago. The next hot day we used it (today) the outside unit wouldn't come on at all and only the fan function operates. Am wary of getting them out again as the charges seem to escalate and we're not covered on our insurance. I am hoping one of the refridgeration engineers here can help and tell me if this is a simple problem or another £500 job, in which case it's going to have to wait. Thank you in advance if you can reply.

Jase
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Hi daikinprob,
This appears to be a strange one.
Surely you can call back the company you have purchased the unit from( I assume it was the same company that did the 'repair').
I am pretty sure Daikin offer a 3 year warranty on their kit so I would question the company you are using!
One possibility as to why your external unit is not operating may be that it is not configured to match your internal unit or the controller is not set to cool mode:)
Hopefully you will get the problem resolved.

Regards
Jase

Lowrider
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
If the repair was done 5 days ago you can claim it with the company that did the repair, they should give a month or two garantee on the repair!!!!!!

Brian_UK
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Are saying "only the fan function works" that only the outside fan runs or that you only have the fan operating on the indoor unit?

Is the remote controller set to the cooling mode?

Daikinprob
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies so far. I have got the remote set to the cooling function (the snowflake symbol). The indoor unit fans air out but there is no cooling at all. The outdoor unit is completely silent, basically 'dead'. I don't think the two are communicating at all, so maybe a fuse has blown?It's not covered on warranty because the warranty doesn't cover lightning strikes, but maybe the 'repair' will be covered.

Shibhrac
17-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Your guessing might be a close to the fault. It could be one of the safety switches which stop the unit from functioning. You should check the gas pressure and all the safety switches. Follow the degram to trace the fault

Clk320_Greg
17-08-2009, 07:53 PM
As has been said, if fitted last summer it should still be covered by the installer! Get on them!

AbsoluteWDJ
17-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi, thanks for your replies so far. I have got the remote set to the cooling function (the snowflake symbol). The indoor unit fans air out but there is no cooling at all. The outdoor unit is completely silent, basically 'dead'. I don't think the two are communicating at all, so maybe a fuse has blown?It's not covered on warranty because the warranty doesn't cover lightning strikes, but maybe the 'repair' will be covered.

Do you have a multi system? More than one indoor on one outdoor, if so switch all indoors off and start again, or do you have any LEDs flashing on the indoor unit display? If there LEDs flashing and it's not on a multi then it'll be in fault mode. If this is the case, I would phone Daikin who've just charged £750 for repairs and explain the situation. I'm sure anyone who's carried out works within the last 5 days would have the decency to check out the issue.

AbsoluteWDJ
17-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Do you have a multi system? More than one indoor on one outdoor, if so switch all indoors off and start again, or do you have any LEDs flashing on the indoor unit display? If there LEDs flashing and it's not on a multi then it'll be in fault mode. If this is the case, I would phone Daikin who've just charged £750 for repairs and explain the situation. I'm sure anyone who's carried out works within the last 5 days would have the decency to check out the issue.

Just realized original post date!!! Well hopefully he had the problem resolved! Must check date, must check date, must check date!:D

Brian_UK
17-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Just realized original post date!!! Well hopefully he had the problem resolved! Must check date, must check date, must check date!:DYou're getting there slowly, it dawns on us bit by bit.

It's something like RTFM. ;) :D

Lowrider
18-08-2009, 08:51 PM
You're getting there slowly, it dawns on us bit by bit.

It's something like RTFM. ;) :D

Or K.I.S.S.:D Thats my favorite!