PDA

View Full Version : Condenser coil cleaners

chillyblue
01-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Could anybody recommend any condenser coil cleaners that are worth using for the following.

1 general cleaning, dust and debre and general maintenance.

2 very greasey and sticky due to being located in a kitchen and saturated in cooking fat (these are just not brushable)

Prefrebly products available in the uk

Many thanks

C B

US Iceman
01-06-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't remember the name of the coil cleaner I used to use, but you should be able to find something similar in the UK.

The cleaner was a an acid based liquid in a plastic jug. Just spray the liquid into and on the coil. Very soon, the liquid would start to foam up like shaving cream.

After the foaming action ceased, spray the coil with water very well to remove the foam cleaner and dirt.
The coil is clean when you can see daylight through it.

This did a great job of removing grease, dirt, or just about anything that was not physically stuck in the coil bank.

Depending on how dirty the coil was, one or two attempts usually brought the coil back to NEW condition as they were bright and shiny like a new coil.

goodguy
01-06-2007, 09:50 PM
I also use a similar product, it's called viper coil cleaner. This stuff is in a spray can and also foams up like shave cream. It is also food grade. I have had great luck with greasy condensers.

Sledge
02-06-2007, 03:06 AM
I use a product called, "Calclean" and another product called "Citrus safe"(environmentally friendly, but not as effective alternative), both made by Nu-Calgon.

Go to nu-calgon.com and they have a link to distributors in various countries.

monkey spanners
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I use Envirocoil from Advanced engineering as its safe around animals (for washing out condensers on dairy farms) its ok on normal dirt and light oil, needs rinsing with water after. On really dirty coils I use Superclean, also from advanced engineering, but it is really agresive, took the galvanising off of some bolts i spilt it on:eek: also on one dirty coil covered in dairy vacuum pump oil, cattle cake dust and straw, it had a chemical reaction and set the coil alight:eek: good job the volume washer was to hand (used for washing out milking parlour):D , also needs plenty of rinsing. on evaporators i use Condenside also fron Advanced. Try NRS or RPW in the uk.
A friend of mine sell GreaseGobbler cans direct to his customers so they can clean the condensers on thier fridges in kitchens them selves. no rinsing and it just evaporates (can take paint off! well ventilated area, and goggles also)

Jon