PDA

View Full Version : honywell three way valve

alialmohandes
31-05-2007, 06:48 PM
who can help me by tell me how the three way valve type honywell for the airhandling unite (chilled water)is work

Brian_UK
31-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.

It depends on which type of valve it is - it may be a 'mixing valve' or a 'diverting valve'.

See here for details on a Mixing Valve
http://bahercs.com/THREEWAY%20MIXING%20VALVE%20TRI%20M.htm

and here for a Diverting Valve
http://bahercs.com/3WAY%20DIVERTINGVALVE%20TRI%20D.htm

chillin out
31-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Gas goes in one tube and gets diverted to one or another.

Chillin:):)

Jase
31-05-2007, 09:23 PM
The 3-port valves are usually wired into the control circuit and given a signal from temp sensors to either open or close. Most valves are operated on a 0-10 vdc signal, so for instance if the valve is signalled with a 10 vdc then usually the valve would be asking for 100 % and hence fully open. 0 vdc= closed, 5 vdc= 50% open.
You see it's all in proportion!

Regards
Jase

ibro606
18-06-2007, 12:44 PM
PLS SEND SOME REFER ABOUT THE THRE WAY VALVE FOR CHILLED WATER

who can help me by tell me how the three way valve type honywell for the airhandling unite (chilled water)is work

Brian_UK
18-06-2007, 11:20 PM
See links above.

bruceboldy
18-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I have benn involved in applications for this type of cooling/heating for the past several years I will find the links to the valves on the honeywell site for you . A bit hard to find sometime anyway:
1 the valve is on the water outlet of the air handler
2 the way Trane likes to do it is when calling for cooling or heating the water is flowing thru the coil to the b side of the valve and exiting to the AB port usually on the bottom of the valve..
3 when the valve is not requiring cooling or heating the water will be closed off thru the B port and allowed to bypass thru the A port to the AB exit port.

usually there is a balancing valve downstream of the 3 way valve before it returns to the main water header.

this design allows water flow at all times thru a system, thus not deheading the chilled water pump.

if interested I will forward a few diagrams that make this pretty clear. good luck.

bruce boldy Trane

Rabindra
21-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I am a new member to this. I could not post message as new thread. Can you please tell me the difference between three way mixing valve and diverting valve? I would appreciate if you can please forward the diagrams to me. Pl tell how to start thread
Thanks
Rabindra

I have benn involved in applications for this type of cooling/heating for the past several years I will find the links to the valves on the honeywell site for you . A bit hard to find sometime anyway:
1 the valve is on the water outlet of the air handler
2 the way Trane likes to do it is when calling for cooling or heating the water is flowing thru the coil to the b side of the valve and exiting to the AB port usually on the bottom of the valve..
3 when the valve is not requiring cooling or heating the water will be closed off thru the B port and allowed to bypass thru the A port to the AB exit port.

usually there is a balancing valve downstream of the 3 way valve before it returns to the main water header.

this design allows water flow at all times thru a system, thus not deheading the chilled water pump.

if interested I will forward a few diagrams that make this pretty clear. good luck.

bruce boldy Trane

Rabindra
21-10-2007, 10:51 AM
I am a new member to this. I could not post message as new thread. Can you please tell me the difference between three way mixing valve and diverting valve? I would appreciate if you can please forward the diagrams to me. Pl tell how to start thread
Thanks
Rabindra

chillin out
21-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Go into the correct forum for the subject you are about to post and then click "new thread".

Chillin:):)

Brian_UK
22-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Or even read what is written above your post, it has all of the answers that you need.:mad: