PDA

View Full Version : LG wired remote control

chillyblue
30-05-2007, 05:51 PM
Hi

I have a ducted LG heat pump with a wired remote control, if i set the unit on-off times for the week and operate the unit, the unit will only operate for one week with the setting s entered, if i recheck the settings they have all changed.
Even if i view the program and return to normal operation all the program settings change.
I cannot edit the program or even keep any program in the unit.

Whats going on!!!

frank
30-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Whats going on!!!

If only we knew :D

LG? - you got to love it :rolleyes:

cool#9
30-05-2007, 09:21 PM
Hendrag, what's going on ???

Mac1
31-05-2007, 11:26 AM
It sounds like it may be electrical interference on the controller wiring, or an error in setting up. If you call LG Tech on 0870 8720791 and select option 4, preferably whilst you're on site with the problem, hopefully someone may be able to help you.

Andy W
31-05-2007, 05:44 PM
I had exactly the same problem about 18 month ago on a LG 10 kw cassette, LG technical came out to it twice and said I had set it wrong and tried to charge me £600, this problem with the unoperational timer went on for months with various chats to LG technical who were as much use as a glass hammer, I had not paid my supplier who had not paid their supplier etc. and was I forced to pay as they would not admit to there been a problem and despite speaking to the then “top bloke” who after denied our conversation ever took place even though it was in my wholesalers at the time I was told to sort it out myself at my own expense, that was the last LG I installed.

In the end I installed a mechanical time clock in the interconnecting cables and mounted it near to the remote controller, my wholesaler would not even help me out with a time clock at cost price, I did all this at my own expense just so I could get paid by my customer, I also had to give my customer some free maintenance work on his other equipment to pacify him.

I %£$"*ng hate LG with a passion and will never install one again.:mad:

hendrag
01-06-2007, 09:08 PM
ref the tech support supplied by lg in the past the "top bloke" has been persuaded to leave. the problem experienced here is an error with ancient r22 units. this has been resolved on all units since 2005 which operate perfectley now under time clock control. If anyone else has problems like the one listed above call us so we can help before the problems spiral out of control and everyone gets peed off.regardshendrag lg technical manager uk

l'robot
04-06-2007, 09:39 AM
This is an interference problem as the controller uses a 12vdc supply with a pulsing 12vdc for control, all from the indoor unit. If you get any data or high voltage cabling closer than 50mm to this control cable there is a potential problem. I understand that the same system is still in use in the latest LG units! This was explained to me by the "Top Man" in Febuary this year. I do not know when this other "Top Man" left?

Andy W
05-06-2007, 07:28 AM
This was explained to me by the "Top Man" in Febuary this year. I do not know when this other "Top Man" left?He explained it to me and had me doing all kinds of things, not a one made a difference, he was just guessing.

l'robot
05-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Interesting, but I found that it worked on two sites that I had problems with. Although every situation is different, and these days if low voltage dc is used for control it has to be protected, especially with all the communication signals that are around today.

chillyblue
07-06-2007, 07:06 AM
HI ALL

To clear this up LG have informed me that on the R22 units (not the R407C units) the indoor unit PCB does not contain a memory chip, so you can set it all up but there is no where for the settings to be stored, other than current memory on the controller.
As soon as it has completed the present set of comands they are forgotten or if you come out of programming mode, they are also forgotten.
So it seems they are not a rolling seven day time clock!!!!!! you will have to reset it every week or if you want to edit any day you will have to reprogram the whole seven days.

Cheers for the response!!

CB

Andy W
07-06-2007, 07:17 AM
An answer to my time clock problem finally! Just goes to show what a bunch of deceitful lot LG people are.

Right so that is one problem answered now how about an answe for the reason that fan speed controllers regular fail, I have had numerous units fail on different sites, even replacement controllers sent out by LG have been previously returned faulty items, when they knew about the problems why did they not issue a modified or different component?

Perhaps I will get an answer to this in 2 years time.

Karl Hofmann
07-06-2007, 09:17 AM
The indoor unit doesn't have a memory chip, so that once the weeks cycle has passed,then it needs to be reprogrammed?? Sounds like Bull to me. On the upside it does ensure that you will have regular callouts, once a week to be precise:D

Had a customer who wanted all kinds of assurances on quality, reliabillity, service and that the equipment would perform under UK conditions, a picky so and so and wanted all pipes to be hidden. My parting line when I hand over my quote for my Tosh equipment is that they should make sure that other quotes are for decent quality kit, Mitsi, Daikin and the like, avoid LG or other nikki-no-name stuff. Got the call yesterday, my price was well and truly spanked by a guy fitting LG.....:eek::eek:

Mac1
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
An answer to my time clock problem finally! Just goes to show what a bunch of deceitful lot LG people are.

Right so that is one problem answered now how about an answe for the reason that fan speed controllers regular fail, I have had numerous units fail on different sites, even replacement controllers sent out by LG have been previously returned faulty items, when they knew about the problems why did they not issue a modified or different component?

Perhaps I will get an answer to this in 2 years time.

The most common failure on the FSC is associated with the large copper coil in the centre of the PCB. I'm told that when the PCB is mounted horizontally, vibration can cause stress on the connections of this component, resulting in it's failure. Mounting the PCB Flat, or vertically reduces the risk of this happening.

l'robot
07-06-2007, 04:26 PM
The indoor unit doesn't have a memory chip, so that once the weeks cycle has passed,then it needs to be reprogrammed?? Sounds like Bull to me. On the upside it does ensure that you will have regular callouts, once a week to be precise:D

Had a customer who wanted all kinds of assurances on quality, reliabillity, service and that the equipment would perform under UK conditions, a picky so and so and wanted all pipes to be hidden. My parting line when I hand over my quote for my Tosh equipment is that they should make sure that other quotes are for decent quality kit, Mitsi, Daikin and the like, avoid LG or other nikki-no-name stuff. Got the call yesterday, my price was well and truly spanked by a guy fitting LG.....:eek::eek:

What I was informed was that the controller only has a memory when power is continually supplied to the controller. Loose the power - loose the memory. They should have had battery backup fitted but they do not.
Also if your power supply to your unit has any fluctuation this can upset the controller. As I said before it should have a 12vDC supply to it. If the supply voltage to the controller drops below 9vDC or above 13vDC, then the controller has a confused signal and will not accept it. The unit will run till the seventh day and stop. Everything then has to be reset. Very frustrating!!!!!
This I belive is still the situation with the present hard wired controllers.

old time fridgy
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
It is the same on some R407c ducted units also (10kw) and the only way around it is to fit a external time clock as previously suggested as this system does not retain the memory, i even fitted a 12v rechargeable battery across hard wired remote controller to hold memory but still did not work. Done it to another system on site last week and has been ok and like others had been told lots of "porkies", IE: interference, wiring, user error etc but eventually told truth about lack of memory in chip. Must say "hendrag" at LG has been the most truthful and helpful of any of the LG technical guys i have spoken to.