PDA

View Full Version : draft beer dispensing equipment

tsounos
28-05-2007, 06:47 PM
HI GUYS INEED YOUR ADVICE AND HELP???????
I WAS OFERED TO INSTAL DRAFT BEER DISPENSING EQUIPMENT, AND TO MAINTANCE THEM.
DOES ANY BODY HAS ANY EXPERIENCE TO FILLME IN HOW TO DO IT/
MOST OF MY EXPERIENCE IS REFRIGERATION. AND AIR CONDITIONING..
THANKS YOU AND I WILL BE WAITING FOUR YOUR REPLY.....: :o :o :o

taz24
29-05-2007, 01:10 AM
I WAS OFERED TO INSTAL DRAFT BEER DISPENSING EQUIPMENT, AND TO MAINTANCE THEM.
DOES ANY BODY HAS ANY EXPERIENCE TO FILLME IN HOW TO DO IT/:o

You need to be more specific.
Are you refering to the beer chillers or are you talking about the beer dispenceing side?
In southern Europe I spose it would be gas dispense.

You connect the dispenser (on the bar) to the barrel connector.. If its chilled the pipe goes through the chiller then to the bar.
In most Eupopean countries I've been to the barrel is in close proximity to the bar.

If you are talking about the chillers then they are nothing special. They are just small self contained water chillers. Some even pump water through the pipeing loom to keep the beer cool.

I would need more info to be of more help.

Cheers taz.

momo
29-05-2007, 02:28 AM
I concur with Taz24: but adding CO2 pressurization and pressure reduction. Check the job description.

Also, in Spain, servicing - due to food safety - has incorporated digital dating/checking of pipe cleaning (dis-infection) and servicing... this is by observation, I deliberately avoided lugging small but heavy water filled coolers (ice block cooling accumulation) up steps, down steps + 100m sprint before the local cops spot a badly parked van + negociation of the dispenser (pipes, cooler placement, power points etc.) into a badly designed bar (degree qualified engineers again!!!)

Some more advanced venues have a cool room for the kegs, but usually the storage rooms even lack a fan to renew the air where the beer cooler are :eek:, so much for common sense ecology//energy/money saving ;) - as for the beer that comes from such rooms: yuck :( !

P.S. Since beer (of whatever quality) will always be sold in tourist areas, if the pay keeps you afloat go for it, the problems will usually be covered by experience, you will have some spares and the perks on site could be good (barmaids, free on the house etc .) ;)

frank
30-05-2007, 09:39 PM
P.S. Since beer (of whatever quality) will always be sold in tourist areas, if the pay keeps you afloat go for it, the problems will usually be covered by experience, you will have some spares and the perks on site could be good (barmaids, free on the house etc .) ;)

Good fridgies think alike :D