PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse cooling

Geofridgee
25-05-2007, 06:40 AM
I have a multitude of warehouses to air condition in hot remote parts of Australia. Does anyone know of any new technology or ideas on this sort of cooling ?
The warehouses are big tin sheds with 6m rooves and floor areas from 2800 to almost 7000 sqm. There is no insulation and evaporative air conditioners do not work in most of these places as they are very humid !! To use refrigerated units would be a crime against the environment with the energy consumption !!

LRAC
25-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Hi Geofridgee

Not using evaporative cooling or a refrigeration system due to its crimes against the environment?

The above is the holly Grail of all scientists, totally free cooling.

There is one technology not exactly new its a cargo plane, relocate your customer to the south pole.

Have a good day:D :D :D :D :D :D

Regards
Lrac

Geofridgee
25-05-2007, 07:05 AM
Sizing a refrigerated unit to do this sized area we came to a requirement of 300kw, a large amount I am sure you will agree. Somebody must have a way of cooling warehouses that is environmentally conscious.

old gas bottle
25-05-2007, 07:59 AM
think your gonna be in trouble thinking like that freind, i would be looking to insulate them out first,drop the roof hieght to the max inside working height by a suspended 150mm panel [insulated of course],then either fit A/C or even better fit the same wall panels and doors /curtains as possible, you would the have to establish the working temperature required and use A/C for comfort cooling or refrigeration for food /whatever storage. the energy saved would soon pay the install back and by the sounds of the enviroment your in the only way of achiving a proper workable job .

Darshi
17-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a multitude of warehouses to Air condition in hot remote parts of Australia. Does anyone know of any new technology or ideas on this sort of cooling ?
The warehouses are big tin sheds with 6m rooves and floor areas from 2800 to almost 7000 sqm. There is no insulation and evaporative Air conditioners do not work in most of these places as they are very humid !! To use refrigerated units would be a crime against the environment with the energy consumption !!

I think it will be good to put some numbers here, such as
Ambient design temperature
Ambient design Humidity
Desired warehouse temperature
Desired Ware house Humidity
Ware house building details.
Maximum Storage Rack height etc.

It may be possible to design a hybrid system using indirect evaporative cooling and Displacement ventilation with considerably small chilled water system.
You can post the data on the forum and many of us will be glad to help, provided the design basis is clear