PDA

View Full Version : Mycom N8wb

faryuki
24-05-2007, 11:32 AM
Dear guys,

I have problem that compressor damage (see attch. file). Here iis my suspect is lubrication failure, thats no oil pressure to compressor, oil pressure switch not working and compressor still in running and cause the parts melting.
There is anybody have an opinion about this matter? how about dirty oil (sludge or gram) could cloge the oil line or oil hole at the parts while compressor running? is it possible?

Thank you
Faryuki

NH3LVR
24-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Fariuki;
It may be too late to tell.
Oil pressure failure may be one explanation. I have seen similar damage from loss of cooling water. One customer had a B machine running NH3 that lost cooling water and the machine was so badly damaged throughout that if we had not known the source of the problem to begin with we would have not been able to sort it out.
After you repair or replace the machine test all the safeties, especially the oil pressure failure. I have seen them miswired in such a manner that they would not operate when the machine was running. It tested fine when the disconnect was pulled to the motor, it was of no use when the mag was pulled in.
Consider installing a high discharge temperature cutout if one was not fitted.

Paulajayne
24-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Looks very much like an oil failure problem - oil pressure switch not working was not good.
Check pump filters and lines, it is a bit too late to sample the oil as it will be contaminated with the debris from the failure.

Paula

faryuki
25-05-2007, 10:08 AM
OKe,

thank you for the advise..

many thanks
Faryuki

hendry
13-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Dear guys,

I have problem that compressor damage (see attch. file). Here iis my suspect is lubrication failure, thats no oil pressure to compressor, oil pressure switch not working and compressor still in running and cause the parts melting.
There is anybody have an opinion about this matter? how about dirty oil (sludge or gram) could cloge the oil line or oil hole at the parts while compressor running? is it possible?

Thank you
Faryuki

faryuki,
it looks to me that you are either a mycom technician or mycom contractor.
anyway, mycom has common problems like yours all over.
it could be oil sep issue or liquid floodback.

lee,malaysia.