PDA

View Full Version : Thought for the day

monkey spanners
23-05-2007, 10:34 PM
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart"

Anne Frank 1929-1945

Read this in a quote for the day book. How much time do we waste annoyed at people because they got in front of us in a que, or something is out of stock at the wholesalers. Puts things into perspective i think.

Jon

Brian_UK
23-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Very true.

airconadam
23-05-2007, 11:05 PM
i agree :(

monkey spanners
03-06-2007, 03:25 PM
From a book of Zen quotes

In dewlling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

Tao Te Ching

lana
03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
From a book of Zen quotes

In dewlling, live close to the ground.
In thinking, keep to the simple.
In conflict, be fair and generous.
In governing, don't try to control.
In work, do what you enjoy.
In family life, be completely present.

Tao Te Ching

If people at least tried to do just that, Life would be more beautiful.:p

Nicely chosen.;)

bernard
03-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi

Give out 100% exspect only 80% back.:)

Regards Bernard

The MG Pony
04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
my method operandi is live with the earth not just on it & every thing seems to follow suite with that.

All life is equal we all evolved together to our own paths non is lesser or better then the other rather each compliments the others strengths and over come the others weakness we are all mutually dependent on each other from the simplest of bacteria to the multicellular animals (That includes humans) with out the other the one could not survive as fully.

So next time you are walking and you see a worm on the cement, put it back in the dirt, after all it is one of many that support you indirectly or directly.

nh3wizard
04-06-2007, 07:47 PM
So next time you are walking and you see a worm on the cement, put it back in the dirt, after all it is one of many that support you indirectly or directly.

Youve got to be kidding me

The MG Pony
04-06-2007, 10:03 PM
No, I often notice and stop to put them back into the soil, they keep the ground fertile, even then just becuase you can save them. why walk past when you know you can do some thing?

monkey spanners
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Imagine this scene: A layman sits in front of his house, eating a fish from the pond behind the house, holding his son in his lap. The dog is eating the fishbones and the man kicks the dog. Not an extraordinary scene one would think, but ven. Shariputra commented:

"He eats his father's flesh and kicks his mother away,
The enemy he killed he dandles on his lap,
The wife is gnawing at her husbands bones,
Samsara can be such a farce."

(samsara is the cyclic existance of birth, death and rebirth)

What had happened? The man's father had died and was reborn as a fish in the pool, the layman caught his father, the fish, killed it, and was now eating it.
The layman's mother was very attached to the house so she was reborn as the man's dog. The man's enemy had been killed for raping the man's wife, and because the enemy was so attached to her, he was reborn as her son. While he ate his father's meat, the dog-his mother-ate the fishbones, and so was beaten by her son. His own little son, his enemy, was sitting on his knee.

Jon;)

The MG Pony
04-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Sounds like a version of the Buddhist style of thought.

One I was refering to is based on how all biology works togeather inderectly & directly to feed and suport each other, as the saying goes, all life is connected.

US Iceman
04-06-2007, 10:55 PM
May the force be with you young Jedi.

It's funny how things are connected, once you look at them.:cool:

One of my favorite shows produced in the UK was called "Connections" by James Burke. That guy knew how to tell a story!

TRASH101
14-06-2007, 12:44 AM
for the lighter side of interconnectivithingy, the late great Douglas Adams wrote a couple of literary gems concerning a chap called Dirk Gently.

reckon ill give em a dusting if time allows.

anyone recommend similar material

TRASH101
14-06-2007, 12:48 AM
dont wish to pry M G Pony but whats with the INFRACTION :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

have you been really really really naughty;)

The MG Pony
14-06-2007, 07:45 PM
had to correct some one on a gross error in a statement about mythology, Oh well it is civic duty to correct things that horribly miss stated, I'd do it again if I had to, albeit I'd try and figure out a better way to word it perhaps.

Any one interested in how mythologies idea of the univers is not good for the continuation of what we would call good, look up richard dawkins and same harris both very well write gentelman.

Today's Fortune Cookie:
Nothing is rich but the inexhaustible wealth of nature.
She shows us only surfaces, but she is a million fathoms deep.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

expat
29-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Trash101, the films Babel with Brad Pitt, and the (I think it was called) 51 grams with Sean Penn and Benicio Del Toro are along those lines but lack the humour. As for the imagination well nothing much compares to Mr DNA!