PDA

View Full Version : Chilld Water To Evaporator Coil

jaison
23-05-2007, 07:18 PM
HAI SAIRS,
one water cooler having 20 ltr/h capacity. If i try it to reduce water quantity to 2 ltr,this water suplied to 1.5 ton evaporator coil and work with normal fan cfm over it , what was the after effect of this system . Expect detail reply please.

lana
23-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi there,

If you reduce water flow rate then water velocity inside the tubes will be less than before and the heat transfer rate will be much less.
I would not advise this because the coil performance will be reduced considerably.

Give more info so someone here can help you.
Cheers

mohamed khamis
01-06-2007, 12:14 PM
HAI SAIRS,
one water cooler having 20 ltr/h capacity. If i try it to reduce water quantity to 2 ltr,this water suplied to 1.5 ton evaporator coil and work with normal fan cfm over it , what was the after effect of this system . Expect detail reply please.

Hi Jaison

If the water capacity (flow rate) is reduced the exit temperature form the chiller will be definitely dropped and may be reached to a freezing point inside the tubes. however, the amount heat capacity which will be removed from the chilled water will actually be decreased as a result of the drop occurred in the overall heat transfer coefficient (Lessing in water mean velocity) as Lana said. This will lead to a deficiency in cooling coil (fan-coil) performance (decline in removal heat from the unconditioned air ) in term of the sensible and latent removal heat from the unconditioned air. In addition, the chiller itself will suffer from drop in its COP as a result of the drop occurred in evaporator performances (Lower TEV).

kind regards

Mohamed

mohamed khamis
01-06-2007, 12:18 PM
HAI SAIRS,

Hi Jaison

If the water capacity (flow rate) is reduced the exit water temperature form the chiller will be definitely dropped and may be reached to a freezing point inside the tubes. However, the amount of heat capacity which will be removed from the chilled water will actually be decreased as a result of the drop occurred in the overall heat transfer coefficient (Lessing in water mean velocity) as Lana said. This will lead to a deficiency in cooling coil (fan-coil) performance (decline in removal heat from the unconditioned air ) in terms of the sensible and latent removal heat from the unconditioned air. In addition, the chiller itself will suffer from drop in its COP as a result of the drop occurred in evaporator performances (Lower TEV).

kind regards

Mohamed

jaison
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I meaned that , i want to make small airconditioner by means of chiller method.I choose one water cooler about 20 ltr/h , but water quantity reduced to according to 1.5 ton air handlig unit. a small pump used to circulate water from the tank.How it will work? give me more idea about it.If we put salt water on the tank what effect will get?.

Pol
05-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Jaison, you could use a (relatively large) storage tank, to avoid the negative effects Mohamed and Lana correclty described. That is, if you use two separate pumps (one 20ltr for loop between chiller and storage, one to feed the indoor unit coil).

Still, the capacity of your indoor unit at 2 ltr/ hour (you could use a condensate removal pump?) would be, euhm, neglectible. You'd be better off buying a chinese portable unit - the do not cool either, but are a lot cheaper and easier to install ;).