PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv on/off remote signal trouble

coriolan
21-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi there,
on a daikin vrv system with a remote control for each indoor unit and a master touch screen controller, the user is not allowed to set ON the indoor unit itself. On the master controller the parameters are ok, and it shows that the function is permitted... And either, it doesn't ! On the remote control display, symbol of "ON/OFF not allowed" is shown...
Tried to reset, shut down and restart... it doesn't work. I can setting it ON from the master control, and then the user is allowed to set it OFF... but not vice-versa...
Notice that the trouble happens ONLY and ALWAYS on the same specific indoor unit; all the others work fine.
Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance, guys.

airconadam
21-05-2007, 07:53 PM
weird one that is ihave dealt with a few itouch controllers or master controllers and not had this prob you should be able to switch on and off specially when you said you can put them off but not on sometimes ther is that many different settings they hold them off etc try speaking to daikin see what they suggest but good luck adam

cool#9
21-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Hello coriolan
First try to disconnect the itc (i touch controller) and see if the problem diseappears (remove f1/f2 wires)
If not you must go into the setting of the group control of the itc and check any prohibition of on/off on this unit in the advanced menu.
I had this problem on time and ive change d3 net adress to another one...don't know why ?
Hope this help
cool#9

frank
21-05-2007, 08:25 PM
The on/off function sounds like its set to "Prohibited" in the I Touch settings.

coriolan
21-05-2007, 08:27 PM
The on/off function sounds like its set to "Prohibited" in the I Touch settings.
no, frank... I wrote it: it's "Permitted"...

coolments
23-05-2007, 12:07 AM
hi check that the unit does not have a KRP board attached to it, it shouldnt need one with the i controller attached but that could cause the problem you are having so remove it if there.

cool#9
23-05-2007, 06:24 PM
hi check that the unit does not have a KRP board attached to it, it shouldnt need one with the i controller attached but that could cause the problem you are having so remove it if there.
Yes coolments
I've already had this problem by melting itc and krp.
Since the krp is connected to f1/f2 it create auto d3net adress (1.00, 1.02, 1.10 etc) you just have to keep these adress and rename them by the itc and then use both.
rgds
cool#9

coriolan
09-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks everybody... Just fixed it! It was a matter of wrong addresses... but still don't know why they lost suddenly... Until the day before the trouble appeared, everything was working fine... Anyway, now it's ok.
Thanks again, guys!