PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Hard wired controller

marc5180
21-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Been on the daikin commisioning installlation and service course today. Spoke to the trainer about how to use the controller to look at the readings from the thermisters but i only managed to get the outdoor thermister readings (if that makes sense). I got it off going to 40 on the hardwired controller. Does anyone have a list of the codes that would be useful when at the controller such as the indoor thermisters as well because i figure that if i have them all then you would be able to look at the superheat and subcooling through the controller and what everelse is relevant...

Brian_UK
21-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Go to the Daikin website and download the Sky Air tech book - ESIE03-01SkyAir L.pdf

You'll find most things in there.

marc5180
21-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Ok thanks brian..;)

cool#9
21-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Hello Marc
To make a complete control you need a small controler called RSUK919: it's a mini-checker that read data between indoor and outdoor units for split/multi/sky air from r22 to r410a heat pump series...
Maybe you can order it from your local supplier ?
As far as i know you can only read indoor temperature through the wired remote...
Regards
cool#9

marc5180
21-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Hello Marc
To make a complete control you need a small controler called RSUK919: it's a mini-checker that read data between indoor and outdoor units for split/multi/sky air from r22 to r410a heat pump series...
Maybe you can order it from your local supplier ?
As far as i know you can only read indoor temperature through the wired remote...
Regards
cool#9

Sounds good, il have a look for it.. how is it connected?...would you disconnect the controller and plug into that?

cool#9
21-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Am i the first one to speak about this device ?
Well it's simple you just plug on 1/2/3 terminals and check either indoor or outdoor unit. No battery is needed. There are two ways to connect; 1 for r22/r407c series and 1 for r410a depending on the power supply (1/3 or 1/2).
You can also connect it to a bigger checker via a little interface and helped by a sofware to do recording, monitoring for harder diagnosis...
See the picture !
Regards
cool#9:)

frank
21-05-2007, 08:27 PM
Can't say that I've seen one - but then again, I use the big Service Checker. :)

cool#9
21-05-2007, 08:35 PM
ok, but you maybe know the inverter analyser ?
If not it's so simple to built, less than 15 euros of components !!!
rgds

frank
21-05-2007, 08:47 PM
ok, but you maybe know the inverter analyser ?
If not it's so simple to built, less than 15 euros of components !!!
rgds

Yep - got one of those :)

marc5180
21-05-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah i got one of those 38punds from daikin, theres not much to them is there but they are a handy little tool..

airconadam
21-05-2007, 09:32 PM
were else can you buy thos analyzers from any suggestions guy thanks alot

bobjob
24-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Well it's simple you just plug on 1/2/3 terminals and check either indoor or outdoor unit. No battery is needed. There are two ways to connect; 1 for r22/r407c series and 1 for r410a depending on the power supply (1/3 or 1/2).
You can also connect it to a bigger checker via a little interface and helped by a sofware to do recording, monitoring for harder diagnosis...
See the picture !
Regards

Hi cool#9
i use the the RSUK 0919 every other day but I never knew it could be used with the larger checker to monitor a unit over a timed period,
Spoke to Daikin today they also did no know you could connect the RSUK to the checker.

who supplied the software and interface?

regards

Bobjob

coolments
24-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Hey cool9, I didnt even know the RSUK919 existed...!! nice one.

Think its time to have a word with our supplier and invest in these for our service team, we already have the inverter checkers though.

Temprite
25-05-2007, 12:42 PM
See the picture !
Regards

I have also got one of these, don't use it all the time though.

Good if you suspect a thermistor though.

cool#9
25-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Hi cool#9
i use the the RSUK 0919 every other day but I never knew it could be used with the larger checker to monitor a unit over a timed period,
Spoke to Daikin today they also did no know you could connect the RSUK to the checker.

who supplied the software and interface?

regards

Bobjob
Hey Bobjob
You need a special cable called MA/RA to connect the serial port of the service checker type 3 to the RSUK then after you can monitor.
The main problem is to find the patch for the service checker software to read the RSUK that became an interface.
A patch also exist to read directly from service checker type 3 to the new multisplit by the serial port on the small pcb.
But ! using the RSUK alone is usually enough on split / multi / sky air...
Note that is you have already MA/RA cable you can read a lot of outdoor unit like RZQ, RMX, 4MX_H via the serial port on the pcb...
rgds
cool#9

basti
30-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey Bobjob
You need a special cable called MA/RA to connect the serial port of the service checker type 3 to the RSUK then after you can monitor.
The main problem is to find the patch for the service checker software to read the RSUK that became an interface.
A patch also exist to read directly from service checker type 3 to the new multisplit by the serial port on the small pcb.
Note that is you have already MA/RA cable you can read a lot of outdoor unit like RZQ, RMX, 4MX_H via the serial port on the pcb...
rgds
cool#9

Hi!

Where can i find patch (software) ?

How do i use it?

I already have M5/RA -cable which come in the Checker 3 box, did you mean that cable?

(I've already test RSUK and Checker 3 but no succesfully)

Basti.

email_dd
10-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey Bobjob
rgds
cool#9

Hello,

Did this can read 5MXS90E ?

TY
DD