PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi controller G50a

august
19-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Hi all
I've found some strange problem with one group of controlled a/c units in big supermarket. Does anyone has some experience with this particular controller?

kind regards

The Viking
19-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Press the left arrow twice followed by the return, then arrow up, arrow down, select.:)

Jokes aside, it would be easier to assist you if you told us at least something about what problem you experience.
Preferable this info would also include what's connected to it, what's the system's made up of.

:cool:

august
19-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanx for instruction :D
As I know this type of controller is rather new so I asked first if anyone has any experience with it. But ok. There's 7 groups of indoor units on this controller. Group 1 is the biggest consist of 9 mitsubishi indoor units. The problem is with group no 1. The rest of them works normally no problem. When I push button 'on' all 9 units starts to work. On display I can read all details: temperature (set and real), fan speed etc. After 2-3 minutes of work I can read 'off' and all units really stops. No alarm or any other message apperars. As I know there's no computer connected to the link and for that group (number 1) there's no local controller. What could cause such strange malfunction? If it is malfunction...
thanks

The Viking
19-05-2007, 10:15 PM
Have you gone in to the page with the timers?
It sounds like that group is in an "off" period.

Just the first thing that springs to mind, I won't get to a manual until Monday now, sorry.

august
20-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Have you gone in to the page with the timers?
It sounds like that group is in an "off" period.

Yes, of course. I check the settings in the timer was ok. (should be 'on' in the daytime) . But even when i disabled timer and tried to start it manually from the controller it's working for a few minutes only like before with a timer. There's manual at the site but i haven't found any clue what could caused such strange behaviour. I rather suspect some dirty trick or mistake in software.
Thanx for your help

Thermatech
23-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Did you confirm 240v power switched on to all indoor units in this group ?
If the indoor units are City Multi then the G50 can communicate with the outdoor unit B/C box & indoor units all the time when 415v power supply to outdoor unit is switched on.
But if any indoor unit does not have 240v although it recives on command via 30v d/c M-net control link from outdoor unit & G50 it is actually unable to run & so it reports back to G50 that it is 'off'
You will get same problem if 240v is off at B/C box.

august
25-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Frankly speaking i didn't check. It seemed to me that all the flaps were open in all indoor units but now i'm not sure. I will check it out next time i'll be there (Thanks God the whether is not too warm so they're still very patient... :) ).
Thanx for suggestion

techguy
19-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Hi

First is the G50 programmed properly in the program menu is the correct control address labeled???

Access menu by pushing up and down arrows for a few secs. or if its an old unit remove front panel and switch on top dipswitch on right hand side.

Check group set up and make sure correct controller address is set

If its an R2 system check there is power to the BC controller if Mitsu system lose power to one or more indoor it should not stop the system but BC controller is common to all units so this could be your problem.

Hope this helps

T