PDA

View Full Version : Samsung problem

Jay(ro)
18-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Hello, I am new on your forums, and pretty new in the AC world.
So, I have recently buyed a Samsung AC model AQV12V from a store in my country. Yesterday someone came and installed it. Last night I switched off completely the AC and removed it from the power supply.
Today when I tried to start it, the display of my interior unit was flashing continously. The device responds with some sound on some commands that I give him from the remote, but nothing actually happens and the display keeps flashing.
I have noticed Nutmeg's thread, his problem seems to be much like mine, but I can't tell for certain, because like I said I am very noob in AC devices.
So can someone tell me what I need to do? and if entering some codes are required how do I enter them and where do I find them?

Thank you.

sinewave
18-05-2007, 10:45 PM
If you've just had it installed then get the 'Engineer' who fitted it back as it'll be under warranty and should not involve you paying or doing anything yourself!

:D

Jay(ro)
18-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I need to make a correction. The full name of the unit is AQV12VBAN.

If you've just had it installed then get the 'Engineer' who fitted it back as it'll be under warranty and should not involve you paying or doing anything yourself!

:D
I see. Yes you are right, but I want to know these things and second the engineer takes really long time in my country to come, especially in this period when they are overwhelmed with assembling commands.

airconadam
19-05-2007, 08:45 PM
hi jay is the controller flashing with a fault code most of the time this helps and means something thanks alot adam ihave got a list of the codes which i got off a good RE member but not sure who off thanks alot let me know about the controller adam

Jay(ro)
19-05-2007, 11:54 PM
I think a service manual will probably solve my problem, but I don't know where to get it from free.

airconadam
20-05-2007, 07:24 PM
sorry cant help with that bit but try speaking to samsung they wil help you thanks adam

Jay(ro)
21-05-2007, 02:03 AM
And how do I speak with samsung?

Pol
22-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Jay,

pm sent with link to download the relevant part of the service manual. Although I believe it`s you supplier/installers task to get the unit running again.

If this doens`t work, it`s the EEprom gone mad; in that case they ought to replace it.

Good luck,

Pol

marc5180
22-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Pol,
I dont suppose you can help me get a service manual for a RAS5HQ5E can you? Seem to work on these alot so it would benefit me to have one. If i could get it in PDf like the daikin ones that would be great
Cheers dude

Pol
22-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi Marc,

Nice car you've got there.

Pol
22-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Very nice car it is. This is my fifteenth post, so in the next one I should be able to send you an interesting link...

Pol
22-05-2007, 08:39 PM
there we are then; http://www.toshiba-airco.be/uk/servicehandleidingen.htm

Links with various Toshiba service manuals; links are in dutch (could as well be in Sawahili for you, I suppose) but the manuals are in english.

One level up on the top left hand corner menu you also find installation and user manuals. I hope this is usefull to you :-)

marc5180
22-05-2007, 09:15 PM
thanks Pol, much apprecaited...glad you like my car:D

Pol
22-05-2007, 11:43 PM
My pleasure, Marc; was the link usefull & did you find what you were looking for?

marc5180
24-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi Pol, great site... i can find every manual apart from the one that im looking for tho:( the RAS5H

Phill
29-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Hello, I am new on your forums, and pretty new in the AC world.
So, I have recently buyed a Samsung AC model AQV12V from a store in my country. Yesterday someone came and installed it. Last night I switched off completely the AC and removed it from the power supply.
Today when I tried to start it, the display of my interior unit was flashing continously. The device responds with some sound on some commands that I give him from the remote, but nothing actually happens and the display keeps flashing.
I have noticed Nutmeg's thread, his problem seems to be much like mine, but I can't tell for certain, because like I said I am very noob in AC devices.
So can someone tell me what I need to do? and if entering some codes are required how do I enter them and where do I find them?

Thank you.

Hi Jay !

I have the same problem.

Do you have the codes ?

If somebody have the codes for Samsung Vivace aqv12vba, then please send me a message.

The problem is that the display is blinking when you plug the unit again, and nothing works more.

Thx in advance.

Phill

Pol
29-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Hi Phill,

On this link you can download the file you need; http://download.yousendit.com/02D9E2CC6E013F3E (http://download.yousendit.com/02D9E2CC6E013F3E) .

The link will only last for seven days, so be quick :)

Good luck,
Pol

Phill
30-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Thx very much Pol

Phill

emil_nenov
01-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi, I have the same problem what exactly did you do to solve it?
Enter that option codes?
Thanks in advance,
Emil

emil_nenov
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks a lot for the file, I managed to repair my air conditioner.

Again many thanks.

Pol
06-06-2007, 12:51 PM
My pleasure

treishpe
01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
can you plese send me the file too? or tell me where to download it from. I have the same problem with a samsung vivace AC. flashing indoor unit...
thanks
Alex

Pol
02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Here you go;

http://download.yousendit.com/6742A5DB48A6D0E5 (http://download.yousendit.com/6742A5DB48A6D0E5)

Link will last seven days. file is for 9 k and 12 k.

Good luck!

superswill
02-07-2007, 09:59 PM
any further samsung probs,please feel free to mail me as i work indirrectly for samsung uk so are happy to help

if you search my old threads i have offered all the fault codes if you pm me with your email address

paul

alphanco
20-07-2007, 11:35 PM
any further samsung probs,please feel free to mail me as i work indirrectly for samsung uk so are happy to help

if you search my old threads i have offered all the fault codes if you pm me with your email address

paul
hey,
i have the same problem.the link posted doesn't work, please update it

superswill
21-07-2007, 01:08 PM
hey,
i have the same problem.the link posted doesn't work, please update it

PM sent alphanco

emil_nenov
30-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Hi, I had a problem gas leak error, does anyone has an idea should I call someone to check that or this is usual problem as here were very extreme temperature - 39o ?
I would apreciate any any help.

Thanks
Emil Nenov

superswill
30-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi, I had a problem gas leak error, does anyone has an idea should I call someone to check that or this is usual problem as here were very extreme temperature - 39o ?
I would apreciate any any help.

Thanks
Emil Nenov

yes indeed you will need to contact a qualified refrigeration engineer in your area,although iam not the best to ask about companies in your area,maybe starting a new thread asking for a person or company in your area would help under the air con heading