PDA

View Full Version : Little giant peristaltic pct-10

stevo
17-05-2007, 10:52 PM
Has anyone experienced these pumps not stopping after the run time has elapsed ? they are the sensor type. fitted three & they are all the same ! i know not to power the pump without fitting the sensors first as the instructions note !(why anyone would do this anyway is beyond me).. faulty pumps maybe ? although one of the three was fitted quite a few months ago !...any comments would be appreciated. :)

Brian_UK
17-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Nope, never really had that problem.

I have found that some people have mounted the sensors in funny places creating a false temperature differential between the two sensors.

chillin out
17-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Yep, I'll go along with Brian on this one.

Make sure you have the sensors in the correct place.

Chillin:):)

stevo
18-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Yep, I'll go along with Brian on this one.

Make sure you have the sensors in the correct place.

Chillin:):)

Yup sensors in correct position !
Will have to return these i think !..cheers ;)

cooldude
31-05-2007, 08:04 PM
yes had this problem last week, but on aspen universal pump. i replaced the sensors still ran on,so replaced pump still it ran on. this was on a wall mount fan coil.so i phoned aspen tech to see if there was a bad batch of pumps.they told me no there wasnt and the pump ran on because the air off sensor was still sensing cool air off the coil when the unit is turned off and the swing flaps shut.istead of turnig the unit straight off from cooling mode 10 mins before put into fan only then turn off.i think he was just fobbing me off. so i tried it and about 10 mins after turning the unit off the pump stop running.

chillyblue
31-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Don't suppose you've got the pump switch in test mode have you??

Brian_UK
31-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Don't suppose you've got the pump switch in test mode have you??
New ones are spring loaded back to run position now, makes life a bit easier....

Cofreth
01-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Is this a secondary condensate pump by Little Giant?

stevo
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM
We spent 2 hours yesterday fitting new sensors to these pumps ! same probs ! We tried the new pumps on the bench just to prove they were OK, i also rang pump house technical & got the same answers ! (except the fan info )We concluded the pumps were being held in the run mode due to out let sensor not reaching ambient quick enough, pull the sensor out & locate it in front of flaps proved the point ! These inverters do seem to hold the coil temp for quite some time ! which seem to cause all the problems !! ..cheers... :rolleyes:

frank
01-06-2007, 08:19 PM
These inverters do seem to hold the coil temp for quite some time ! which seem to cause all the problems !! ..cheers... :rolleyes:

If the inverter is holding the coil temp for some time and there is a chance of condensation taking place don't you think it is a good idea to keep the pump going??

Brian_UK
02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I always used to fit the inlet sensor on a wall mount under the filter and just in front of the coil; the outlet would be fitted adjacent to the discharge vanes.

This way when the unit stops the cooling process then the differential between the two sensors will be minimal.

I have found people fitting the inlet sensor above the ceiling, because it always warm!!! The poor pump never sawanything other than a temperature differential and always ran the pump.

stevo
02-06-2007, 08:41 PM
If the inverter is holding the coil temp for some time and there is a chance of condensation taking place don't you think it is a good idea to keep the pump going??

Yes for 10 mins or so, i agree, but this pump was running on at an unacceptable time. Trouble is one of the wall mounts is in the customers bedroom & you can hear a popping/sucking noise from the pump ! this was the complaint that made us check into it further ! had it been in an office enviroment it probably would not have been noticed !! :)