PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Etc.

subzero*psia
24-07-2002, 02:53 AM
Well.... I lost my cushy job... not a quality engineer anymore. It was the BEST thing that ever happened to me! I have doubled my income doing installs on heating / cooling and service on refrigeration.... even hired a helper. Just did a change-over from an electric/wood hydronic system to forced air and AC, 100K furnace-3.5 ton system... OLDER two story home... what a trip... it was a dream and luckily the owner was a techy that let me do it right.

About hunting.... I know some of you folks don't know about or have never even heard of a Patterdale Terrier... well I bought a male pup just a year ago. HE IS THE BOMB! Hunting with terriers is a totally radical style of hunting compared to most hunting sports. I've hunted quarry in trees, on the ground.... and now in the ground... what a blast if you don't mind alittle physical labor! My terrier is not what they look for in the UK... he is a tad hard, but damn if he don't stay stay until dug to. All I can say is He and I be mates and I wouldn't trade him for twenty soft dogs. He gets the job done and he is all about work.... so thank you to the original terriermen from the UK! :D

Dean

frank
24-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Dean

Sorry to hear about the job loss man - what a bummer!

Move to the UK and work for me - Im stuggling to get decent labour

subzero*psia
26-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Hey Frank, I appreciate the offer... but I am too old of a dog with too deeply rooted to move that far now. But I am hoping to be able to take a week or two and visit the UK. :) Maybe get to meet a few of you and take the froth off a mug or two.

Shane Rupe
08-02-2003, 05:51 AM
Hunting Fishing and all types of outdoor stuff, Thats how I spend my spare time.........when I am not removing heat from things :)
or working on websites
http://www.sportsmanaccess.com
http://www.archeryinfonet.com

Apprentice
24-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Hunting, fishing, camping, big time gunnut too. Reload quite a bit, cast my own bullets and am just breaking into swaging jacketed slugs too.

Servicefrigo
13-01-2005, 07:24 AM
In the past I practice ilegall hunterr.I can prove that.Now is a too big hazard.But rarely i accept an invitation.

botrous
23-01-2005, 09:35 PM
HUnting , i just came from a hunting trip in the mountains , the weather is bad but for hunting a real hunter will agree that he will give everything for a good hunting trip

Servicefrigo
24-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Hy botrus

What kind of animalls you hunting for? IN Romania is too expensive such sort of things.Only the rich man can doo that

botrous
24-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Well , i hunt all kind of birds , specially big ones (don't know the names in english but i will surch for it) no big animals here but big wild pigs . . . hunting is forbidden by the laws but it's cheap . If you got arrested you have to pay about 600 USD and also they take your gun . . . you just have to have some relations to go hunting with peace of mind ....
What about you , why hunting is expensive there ??? is it the ammunitions of the taxes you have to pay ?????

Servicefrigo
27-01-2005, 08:05 AM
I-ts an expensive ocupation because You must make long treap, to hunt( our montly payment is aprox 300 euro net )and 1L fuell is 0.9 EURO,dont forghet other cost of life
2;you must be a memberr in a hunting group that means 400 euro costs/year. 1 bulet= 1 euro the cheaper and is posibille to not have ignition .After a entire sunday and 20 km walking you will get only 1 dam rabitt or a wild chichen that*s all.
BOTRUS what you doo with a wild pig.,is not prohibited in your coutry to eat hym ?. Sometime with my friend ,and 2 good greyhounds we make a beterr job in silence

Regards

botrous
27-01-2005, 05:12 PM
We eat it Service frigo . . . and no it isn't prohibited to eat it . . . muslim does not eat pigs and that's their problem , but the laws doesn't prohibit eating it....you can eat what ever you , drink what ever you want . . . it's all legal , and found on the markets , as a matter of fact in each market . . . sure drugs are illegal
Here 25 bullets = 5 USD

botrous
20-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Yo Hunting , Yo Hunting , wait for me I'm coming . . . . .
My father went hunting yesterday and got a very good trip . . . I'm going this weekend , wih me luck guys :)

botrous
24-09-2005, 12:06 PM
:(
Couldn't go this weekend . . . . and the next weekend i have a seminar to attend :(

Abe
24-09-2005, 02:43 PM
Many of the members have the misconception that Lebanon is a Muslim country, hence they appear always surprised when drink or pork mentioned.

I believe Lebanon is populated by both Christian and Muslim

And when I saw " hunting" my first reaction was someone was referring to a TEV!!

:D :D

And Muslims do not eat pork, and it is not a problem, or "their" problem!!
:) :) :)

It is a choice based on their beliefs.

botrous
24-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Lebanon is a country populated by Christians and Muslims as a matter of facts Lebanon has 17 sects divided between Muslims and Christians . It's not a religious country , the civil law (like in europe) applies to all the population .

hence they appear always surprised when drink or pork mentioned.

Drinking is more than legal here , we have our national alcoholic "The ARAK" drink , the country is loaded with wineries and spirits manufacturer most of them with gold medals from international organizations as well as for an affordable price for everyone, you can buy any spirits you want from around the world example : bottle of johnny walker red 11 USD , black label 20 USD i beleif this is one of the lowest price of alcohol in the world.
(And there are no age obligations for drinking alcohols , not good :mad: but the markets association don't sell alcohol for under 15 )

And Muslims do not eat pork, and it is not a problem, or "their" problem!!

It is a choice based on their beliefs.

I meant no offence Aiyub , and i'm sorry if it sounded like that, what i meant is that it's up to the person to choose what he eats , if it's upon his beleifs or his mood .

Regards

botrous
24-09-2005, 07:29 PM
And when I saw " hunting" my first reaction was someone was referring to a TEV!!

Maybe it was :)

Abe
24-09-2005, 07:40 PM
Boutros

Heyy no worries buddy........
No offence taken......

And thanks for clearing up the religious make up of Lebanon, which is often referred to as " The Switzerland of the East" or the " The Paris of the Mid East"

Its where the "cool people" used to hang out, and since the troubles are over, i think its reverting to the good old days again.......

Abe
24-09-2005, 07:54 PM
I originate from Africa, and I am fiecely opposed to hunting as a sport . Southern Africa.,

I have seen the continent decimated of its wild life resources

I am all for managed control of wild life resources, as in culling which becomes necessary from time to time.

Thank God the days post war especially when whole herds were slaughtered are now past.

These days wild life faces a new threat, impoverished people killing wild life for food, and corrupt officials only too willing to allow Westerners kill the big five for a "price" ie: Dollars

But thats me, to some killing probably offers a thrill, and though I detest it, I respect an individuals wish to do something, as long as its legal.

When I was quite young, I attended a lecture by a very smart Englishmen who spoke about conservation.

His words always remained with me and these days whenever I go out I think about conservation.

But before I get carried away, I know you guys are only hunting small animals and the like.......
:) :)

So I say.............Enjoy!!!!!

botrous
24-09-2005, 08:01 PM
And thanks for clearing up the religious make up of Lebanon, which is often referred to as " The Switzerland of the East" or the " The Paris of the Mid East"

Its where the "cool people" used to hang out, and since the troubles are over, i think its reverting to the good old days again.......

Well , now that most of troubles are over , Lebanon is regaining in a fast way it's prosperity . . . Lebanon was called as you said Switzerland and Paris of the Middle east for its natural beauty , night life and tourrisme and for the banking facilities comparing to switzerland. . . and the hospitality (hotels and related "i don't knoe if hospitality is the right word ") . Now beirut the capital regained most of her sharming beauty , maybe if you are interrested i might take some photos and post it . . . and the wonder of lebanon is that you can swim and than do skiing in less than 30 minutes . . . .

Wish us luck man , rebuilding and regaining the reputation isn't easy . . .but we are trying hard . . . and from my part thanks from the heart to all who support Lebanon to regain it's health...

Regards
Botrous

botrous
24-09-2005, 08:09 PM
I originate from Africa, and I am fiecely opposed to hunting as a sport . Southern Africa.,

I know that hunting may cause major destruction of the country animal reachness , and besides and to make things worst the hunting law is old and it's on hold now till they make a new and better one . . . but a good hunter like me who admires nature and its beauties , will hunt animals with consience (as sport but i eat all what i hunt ) .
Here most of the people that are originaly from the mountains like hunting , it's more like a thing that takes birth with you , but I am with a good law of hunting and a good supervision from the goverment to prevent the deterioration of the animal reachness of the country.

Regards

Oregon Jim
05-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I noticed that nobody has posted on this forum for a long time, so I am probably talking to myself, but just in case someone is out there....

I am also a hunter and a long range target shooter. I am not really much of a killer, though I do hunt for blacktail deer, roosevelt elk, and black bear. I am a meat hunter as opposed to a trophy hunter, but what I really enjoy most is just target shooting at distant targets. There is something really satisfying about shooting a small target 1000 yards or more distant. My favorite target is a one gallon milk jug at 1000-1200 yards away.

Josip
05-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi, Oregon Jim :)

I noticed that nobody has posted on this forum for a long time, so I am probably talking to myself, but just in case someone is out there....

I am also a hunter and a long range target shooter. I am not really much of a killer, though I do hunt for blacktail deer, roosevelt elk, and black bear. I am a meat hunter as opposed to a trophy hunter, but what I really enjoy most is just target shooting at distant targets. There is something really satisfying about shooting a small target 1000 yards or more distant. My favorite target is a one gallon milk jug at 1000-1200 yards away.

Nice hobby, maybe little expensive and time consuming....hope milk jug is empty;)....results...

Best regards, Josip :)

Oregon Jim
06-03-2008, 04:44 AM
It doesn't really cost much. I am lucky enough to live near the coastal mountains of Oregon, so my hunting and shooting is close to home. I regret that I work too much and play too little, but retirement is just a few years down the road. I really like my job, but I can hardly wait to not work any more!!!

coolincab
07-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Do a little shooting at the land fill site some times gulls now i am sure no one will complain about that even though i dont eat them

Oregon Jim
09-03-2008, 07:05 PM
Shooting gulls here would cost you a great deal of money and perhaps even time in jail, as the laws here are apparently much different. I don't wish to debate the ethics of killing "nuisance" animals (who defines nuisance?), but I limit my killing to things I eat. Personal tragedy has left its mark on me and I see death and killing in a much different light than I did in my youth. Seeing horrible things can change you is many ways... My greatest pleasure in shooting these days is when my bullets draw no blood, nor cause any pain or suffering.

Josip
09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi, coolincab :)

Do a little shooting at the land fill site some times 2-3 hundred gulls in 3-4 hours now i am sure no one will complain about that even though i dont eat them

:confused::confused: why...some disease...or sport what I do not believe, more as a bloody massacre...:(

Best regards, Josip :)

Oregon Jim
21-03-2008, 04:11 AM
I hope to get out into the local mountains one day this weekend to scout for deer and elk and may hunt for a cougar for a while too, if the weather will settle a bit.

Mmmmmm...... Cat, the other white meat!

glynn
19-09-2010, 01:40 PM
hi there jim thinking of moving to sandy in oregon think ive got a job lined up has a refer tech as that is what i do in the uk but just finilising things with the copany in troudale and they dont pay sick pay and you get a week hol after been there a year is this the norm