PDA

View Full Version : Foster EWPC 971T

Sika
15-05-2007, 08:25 AM
HI

:confused:
I want to alter the parameters on the above controller but it is not the same as any other 971 I have come across it has a 'defrost' button top left, a button bottom left with red 'up' arrows and blue 'down' arrows, a 'set' button bottom right. Pressing and holding the set button does not put the unit into programming mode. the controller also has a tiny program button in the middle of the top surface hidden under the fixing clamp.

All help is appreciated

NoNickName
15-05-2007, 10:16 AM
http://www.thermofrostcryo.co.uk/technical_assistance/Eliwell_handbookv2.0.pdf

It is made by Eliwell and then rebranded by Ranco and others.

Sika
15-05-2007, 06:29 PM
The links you have given me are the way I have always reprogrammed the parameters before on other units but this one does not play the game that why I wondered what significance of the 'hidden' programming button. I am begining to think that the best plan is to replace the controller what are youre suggestions about this and best place to get one from.

Brian_UK
15-05-2007, 07:19 PM
I want to alter the parameters on the above controller but it is not the same as any other 971 I have come across .....Hi Sika and welcome.

Are you saying that it IS an Eliwell 971T or that it looks like one?

One thought from a quick read of the Eliwell book - have you tried depowering the unit first before pressing and holding the 'set' button? It may work:confused:

Sika
15-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Yes it is an Eliwell 971T I've tried de-powering and tried every combination with and without using the program button on the top of it but have not got anywhere :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Andy W
16-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Fit a modern one.

Sika
16-05-2007, 05:02 PM
What do you recommend for a modern replacement

chillin out
16-05-2007, 11:49 PM
I was sure that when you had the power off you held down the 'set' button and then powered up, this should bring you into the program mode. If it doesn't then the controller could be goosed.

As Jollycold already said, a Dixell Universal-R would do the job, but there could be cheaper versions that would suit your needs better.

Chillin:) :)

Andy W
17-05-2007, 07:39 AM
I hate Dixell, only use Elliwell, just check in the RPW or Hawco catalogue, choose single or double probe which ever you need and there is only a few to choose from for your application.

chiller-man
19-05-2007, 10:55 PM
the model you have was indeed fitted to foster cabinets approx 15 to 20 years ago, you do have to press the button on the top of the instument, but I cant remember which sequance of buttons to press, if you still need to know, I have the original sevice manual from a foster training course I did years ago, but it's in my office.
Is this a high temp cabinet with one temp sensor and off cycle defrost, or a deep freeze cabinet with air probe and evap coil probe(usually elec defrost) although the later foster cabinets are hot gas defrost.
Good luck