PDA

View Full Version : Books about single-screw compressor

DVaider
14-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello, guys! Does anybody know any books about single-screw compressors? Please, give me good advice:confused:

lana
14-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi DVaider,
Welcome to the RE.

There is a book called "Industrial Compressors" which covers most of the compressors and screw is one of them.
It is a good book technically and theoretically.
I don't have it with me right now so I can not give you all the details but I will try to remember and give it to you tomorrow (if I don't forget:p ).

Cheers

Brian_UK
14-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Welcome to the forum.

There are some tech. manuals available here if they help you.
http://www.vilter.com/singlescrew.html

Look under 'Service Information'.

US Iceman
15-05-2007, 02:31 AM
I think the book Lana mentioned is the closest information you might find on single screw theory. That book is also out of print and hard to locate. I am still looking for a copy also.

The twin screw information is more available since there are more of them and they have been manufactured for a longer time.

The basic principles are the same. With a single screw, you have two gate rotors that compress gas into the main rotor.

On a twin screw you have two rotors that compress the gas in one process.

Slide valves control capacity and volume ratio.

lana
15-05-2007, 06:16 AM
Hi there,

The book detail :

Industrial Compressors
By : Peter O'Neill

Butterworth-Heinemann Publication
ISBN 0-7506-0870-6

The book has the sign of "The Institution of Mechanical Engineers" (British) so it might be available from them.

Also I checked www.amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com) , it is listed there but it's unavailable. There are other screw compressor books you can order from this site.

Good luck
Cheers

US Iceman
15-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Lana,

That is the book I had in mind. Mr. O'Neill was an ex-Howden engineer who worked there many years. I think the book would be a good reference and I hope to find one.

lana
15-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi USIceman,

Yes it is a good reference and covers most of the compressor types. I bought it in 1994.

Hope you can find it. If not tell me I can lend it to you;) .

Cheers

US Iceman
15-05-2007, 03:04 PM
If not tell me I can lend it to you;) .

That would present a long distance library privilege that might require an extended check-out time.:D

DVaider
16-05-2007, 07:34 AM
Thank you very much, guys!!!:D :D :D
You are the best!!!