PDA

View Full Version : PIR Control for a Daikin

daddymac
09-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Gents... Our place is beconing very focused on energy usage. To keep them happy, I've recently been insatlling Daikin FTXS hi-walls with the built-in occupancy sensor. This prevents the units running on full power when the room is unoccupied... thus saving some energy.
A high-wall is unsuitable for the latest application so I'm looking at an under-ceiling 4-way blow cassette. (An FUQ125).
This unit ticks all the boxes except for infra-red control. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop the unit being left on full blast when the room is un occupied/over the weekend etc. The people who use the room can't be relied on. The unit will be stand-alone. Can PIR control be incorporated... or is there another way?
Thanks in anticipation! DM

frank
09-05-2007, 01:28 PM
You can use a KRP41 pcb with the FUQ125 and control the indoor temperature by wiring a variable resistor or fixed resistor across terminals A+ & A-.

You could use the relay outputs of a PIR to achieve this, having the PIR contacts N/O during occupied times and the BRC1B controller then allowing set point to be selected and with the PIR contacts closed during un-occupied times the fixed or variable resistor setting the room temp.

What room temp were you thinking of when the room is un-occupied? Or would it be simpler to allow the PIR to switch the unit off altogether? This can be achieved with the same KRP board.

momo
10-05-2007, 12:38 AM
The concept of PIR control is attractive and sensible, but how many customers understand that you must put this setting to ON with the FTXS units?

I note that Mitsubishi Electric has a PIR controlled A/C that also targets hot areas - any reports on how this is working?

daddymac
11-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Yes momo, you'd be suprised (or not suprised, depending on how cynical you are) at how may times I come to a unit which has had the sensor de-activated. It could really do with some password protection!
Frank, thanks for your advice. We'll see what "they" say!
DM