PDA

View Full Version : Thermomax controller

jsimon
08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
I have a cold room with a thermomax crx100 the hi alarm light keeps flashing
I have adjusted the hi and low alarm set points but every 15 mins the alarm resets
evap coils reads -6 room set +3 coil clear

chillin out
08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
This is taken from the manual ....

Alarm reset:
To reset the alarm, adjust the temperature which has been exceeded beyond the current room temperature (AL-HI or AL-LO).

This means if you have had a high temp alarm then set the high alarm limit below the room temp and then back up again.

Chillin:) :)

Brian_UK
08-05-2007, 11:11 PM
If you haven't got a manual for this controller then download one here...

http://www.thermomax-group.com/PRODUCTS/REFRIGERATION/manuals/rcxeng.pdf

maxair
18-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi Brian, Ive got a Thermomax RCX 100 cotrolling a cold room. After a maintenance when I switched the cold room on, the evap fan runs but the controller shows Al-HI and all the and all the light s on the right of the display are on and the display is on with all sigments so cant read nothing.I tryed to reset the alarm but controler just beep if try to do anything. It would be really helpfull you could give me any ideas.Thanks

Yuri B.
18-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Problem: The AL-LO or AL-HI indicator is flashing.
Cause / Remedy: This is not a fault. The ROOM temperature is or has been
either higher than the AL- HI set point, or lower than the
AL-LO set point.

frank
18-01-2010, 08:17 PM
As with ALL faults/problems....Patience is the key element....

Brian_UK
18-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Adjust the high limit above the room temperature, don't forget to rest it when the room has cooled down.

Have you read the manual??

cadwaladr
18-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Adjust the high limit above the room temperature, don't forget to rest it when the room has cooled down.

Have you read the manual??if all the lights are on and temp reads 88,then its u/s they reset sometimes on there own but this controller is very sensitive to spikes etc.

fridge doctor
20-01-2010, 08:07 PM
The thermomax has an EPROM memory which means it stores previous information even when the power is off. You cannot erase this information, you just need to get it past the obstacle and back in the right mode. As Brian says, just temporarily reset the limit to a new value above the present box temperature, and re-set it when back in range.

fridge doctor
22-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't you all think - as I do - that it would be so gratifying to get a response for your efforts... Even if they tell you your advice was rubbish, it's better than totally ignoring what you have done for them... I have to say though that this applies NOT to the pro's, but more particularly to those who have obviously joined the forum in the hope of saving a few £/$/€ or whatever your currency is. Any thoughts?

monkey spanners
22-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Don't you all think - as I do - that it would be so gratifying to get a response for your efforts... Even if they tell you your advice was rubbish, it's better than totally ignoring what you have done for them... I have to say though that this applies NOT to the pro's, but more particularly to those who have obviously joined the forum in the hope of saving a few £/$/€ or whatever your currency is. Any thoughts?

Its nice to hear back what happened and if or how a problem was resolved, it may help someone else to sort a similar fault.
Also i like fixing things, its what makes work fun so even when its just a bit of advice or an offered opinion that was given here, its nice to know it was helpful.

Lastguest
22-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Anyone got the correct link to thermo
Max please