PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

ThomasBrown
08-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi, new here, stumbled on website when browsing for jobs out of the states. UA apprentice third year for mechanical services. Refrigeration, HVAC, some controls mainly Metasys and kitchen equipment, lots of other equipment I work with. Was hopeing to get some information on jobs in Ireland, I really despise living in the states even though born and raised. Got a couple more years left on UA schooling but would drop everything now, sell off and go if I could find a full time job and support my wife and child. What is the job market right now in Ireland? If anyone is able to exhange messages on places to look, people to call that would be great! Thanks

nh3wizard
08-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I really despise living in the states even though born and raised.

As far as Im concerned, I would be glad to see you leave the good ole "USA"

US Iceman
08-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I really despise living in the states even though born and raised.

Then by all means hurry up and leave. When you are going please take some of the Hollywood actors with you too. They promised to leave also, but are still here.:mad:

NH3LVR
08-05-2007, 08:36 PM
jobs in Ireland, I really despise living in the states even though born and raised.

I guess I should despise the Country of my birth-except that it has allowed me to have a nice home (paid for), money in the bank, and leisure time. I only work 9-10 months of the year, travel, brew ales, sail, and enjoy life.
I got that way by working hard and studying all the technical manuals that came with the equipment, instead of watching TV and running up the Visa card. A few years ago I worked 90 hour weeks for months at a time without days off for as long as six months.
I ran into a electrician a while ago. He was going to chuck it all and move to South America. He felt like you about the US.
I will tell you the same thing I told him. Any place is what you make of it. You may be sorely disappointed to find all does not work out as well as you hoped wherever you move too.
You did not mention the source of your dissatisfaction with the US. If you are dissatisfied with the current administration I tend to agree with you. but ALL the politicians in Washington were voted in by US.
Note I am not saying that the US is the best place in the world. I have been to the UK and enjoyed myself throughly. I live on the West Coast and would not consider moving East. But home is what YOU make of it.

ThomasBrown
08-05-2007, 09:26 PM
No more dissatisfied with the way "most" people are to one another. My city alone is terrible. Carry a gun in the work van. And working hard is not enough, cost of living is way to high to make it on even two incomes with decent wages. So if your unhappy with the lifestyle, then yes its time to leave. I would be happy working pay check to pay check if the quality of life your living is good. A place with old history such as Ireland would be an escape of sorts. It just happens im in a skilled trade and the contractor I work for exposes me to more than just the average. So I might as well utilize my education. So yeah, alot of the people here in the states are terrible to one another, and Ive been alot of places and it doesnt get any better. For any middle class citizens that is, which middle class is shrinking, now your either poor or filthy rich for the most part. So yeah im looking at my options, any information would be appreciated.

Josip
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi, Thomas Brown :)

Welcome to RE forums.

Hi, new here, stumbled on website when browsing for jobs out of the states. UA apprentice third year for mechanical services. Refrigeration, HVAC, some controls mainly Metasys and kitchen equipment, lots of other equipment I work with. Was hopeing to get some information on jobs in Ireland, I really despise living in the states even though born and raised. Got a couple more years left on UA schooling but would drop everything now, sell off and go if I could find a full time job and support my wife and child. What is the job market right now in Ireland? If anyone is able to exhange messages on places to look, people to call that would be great! Thanks

Rebel Without a Cause

Having 23 years, wife and child it is easy to be disappointed with actual life. I have been the same in your age...

Agree with you to pull up your anchor and sail into unknown and see this world is nice and rude place;)

But, reading those nice words...

Any place is what you make of it. You may be sorely disappointed to find all does not work out as well as you hoped wherever you move too.
You did not mention the source of your dissatisfaction with the US. If you are dissatisfied with the current administration I tend to agree with you. but ALL the politicians in Washington were voted in by US.
Note I am not saying that the US is the best place in the world. I have been to the UK and enjoyed myself throughly. I live on the West Coast and would not consider moving East. But home is what YOU make of it.

you must start to think what you really want.

During my life I have been all around the globe to do my job. I am traveling for last 22 years and my journey still last...

I saw glamour and very poor places which certainly affect my view on the life and my behavior, but then I realize far away in small country is my home...in spite of crooked politicians, social problems a lot of things upside down all what I do not like and not approve.

Here are also my wife, my sons, my grandson and a bunch of nice people (my friends) and thanks to them this place I am calling home.

Also I have some friends leaving our small country and went to live in USA, Canada and Australia and they call it home.

I wish you luck to find a home wherever it will be, but you must build it.

Best regards, Josip :)

lana
08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Reading all those words I can not stay quiet.

My friend, when I was student in London I decided to leave my country and go to Canada. I got the immigration forms and my lawyer told me that I can go there without any problem because of my qualifications and so on.
I hated my country then with all the terrible things happening. When my first child was born I was a completely different person. You know why?
Because I thought about my parents. They raised me for who I am and now they are old and certainly they need me. Not for the money thanks god, but for the affection and love, for the love of the grandchild.
I realized then that life is not all about money and good cars and ..... but you enjoy life if you give it a precious value.
We have a saying : Everywhere sky is blue.
Now my mother died and my father is alone with 67 years of age. I think that if I had gone somewhere else what my father would do alone alone.....
I think it is normal for your age to think like this but believe me life is what you make of it not where you make it.
I gave you my story because this is real life experience.
I am not saying you have to stay where you are but I am saying be happy with what you have. So many people are not so blessed as you are.
Have you seen American Idol - Idol gives back. Those were terrible situations which you and I can not comprehend.
Appreciate your family and whatever you have and enjoy your life.
Take this from a friend.

God bless
Cheers

US Iceman
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, I'll be the first to admit I might have jumped in the water with both feet.

I can certainly understand wanting to move if dissatisfied with any current living conditions. And, I would also be looking for a better quality of life for the family. I have done the same thing. Family comes first...

There are some locations I would not live in (here in the US) and without getting into specifics perhaps they are as stated. On the other hand, there are many places all over that are very good. People are the same all over the world. Some are great to deal with as honest and fair-minded persons.

There also some strange politics being played in the US right now that many people do not agree with, but then they (the politicians) were elected by someone!:rolleyes:

The way that one sentence was written uses some very strong language, which I take issue with. And there are certain things which really get my knickers twisted. This was one of them.

Life is not fair and you learn to live with it, or modify what you can control. As you get older, you will find the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

This in a sense is a lot like the new guy trying to break into this business. The employers want someone young who will work for less, but they want him/her to have 20 years experience.

You either give up, or buckle down to get want you want.

I may not win any awards for diplomacy, but I do stand up for what I think is right. The US is not a bad place to live, but right now, it is sort of mixed up I'll give you that.:o

Brian_UK
08-05-2007, 11:39 PM
I've been watching this one a bit and I think that issue has been well commented on by all sides.

Hopefully our new poster will contemplate his actions in making rash comments in his first ever post here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but youth doesn't always think before speaking out.

Patriotism is a great thing and must not be put down.

Be fair, this proves the action of democracy so lets let this one go quiet now one and all before there are tears before bedtime.

Thanks.

BigJon3475
09-05-2007, 12:05 AM
I will post only a few comments as I am not super successful but feel I might be able to help a tad. If you live in a city you don't like or don't feel safe there are plenty of "The 10 best cities in the world to live in" articles on the web. The only problem I see is if it's in the top ten best places to live at in the world....You better belive there is a waiting line on the "good jobs". I wish there was something I could say to change your mind about leaving the US but it is your choice. I love it here even if it's not all glitter and gold.