PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

locococo
08-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi there i stumbled accidently across this site whilst searching for a training provider and i am hoping some you guys or gals could maybe pass on some of your experience and wisdom in helping me choose the right training provider and which pitfalls to look out for particulary prices ! Anyway it is a company in Derby called : Technique Training in Derby
I was looking at the TACR 10/15 course.
Would anyone advise me on this course, and if it is a good stepping stone to move into the Air Conditioning and Refrigeration field.
Many thanks for your advice in advance

lana
08-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi Locococo,

Welcome to the RE.

I don't know about the specific course you mentioned but you can check the RAC magazine. There are lots of training courses available across the UK.

Good luck
Cheers

taz24
08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Anyway it is a company in Derby called : Technique Training in Derby
I was looking at the TACR 10/15 course.

Hi ya.

I do not know of the course you state and as far as I know it is not a G&G's one.
In the trade you are trying to get access into the only qual the industry recognise is the
C&G NVQ Level II in air conditioning and small refrigeration systems.
If any one is trying to sell you anything different then they will be good for training purposes only and will carry no weight with prospective employers.

Cheers taz.

locococo
08-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Many thanks for your reply taz, i did fear the course didnt hold the required C&G qualification for the Air. & Refrigeration field. I presume the only route is down the college route,
loco

Brian_UK
08-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi Locococo and welcome to the forum.

Had a quick look at the course you are thinking about and it seems a fair starting point.

Details here for others...
http://www.techniquetraining.co.uk/Course.aspx?courseid=204

You will come out at the end with a Refrigerant Safe Handling ticket which is threatened to become mandatory soon so is a MUST.

I think that you need to be aware that a 10 to 15 day course is not going to give you the experience or knowledge to jump in with both feet, but I think that you know this already.

Good luck anyway.:)

airconmark
09-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Hi,
I did the course you are refering to at Technique Training, the course was brillant and gave me an excellent stepping stone into the industry. The tutor gave me as much knowledge as he possibly could and it was all related to real life experiences. I not only finished the course with some City and Guilds and CITB qualifications but i also became Part P registered for the electrical side. I set up my own business after finishing the course and have been doing relatively well since. I recommend this course for people coming into the industry. This may sound like a bit of a sales pitch for Technique but I can't thank them enough for getting me into the industry.

Brian_UK
09-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Mark, it's always good to hear about the standards of various training centres.

You can go get your commission now ;)

airconmark
09-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey, never thought of that, maybe i'll give them a ring...:p

abdulazman
11-05-2007, 01:51 AM
Hey Guys :) ,

There are always good courses and training centres around :D .
The only thing thats not good, the trainer :eek: .
And it is not an easy task finding good trainers nowadays :mad:.
Either they teach you bcoz its part of the job or 4 money.
But still there r few good trainers in the field whose willing to impart their trade at no cost :D :D

Ariba,riba Andre yi ha...............

chiller-man
13-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi, all I'm new here, good look with your training course locococo.
Gordon.