PDA

View Full Version : Re election day in France today !!!

cool#9
06-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi everyone, all over the world...
In roughly one hours we' ll know the knew French President...
Far from political consideration i'd like to know your opinion about air conditioning tendencies in next future.
In France the governement tend to reduce taxes for heat pumps DX systems and then increased sales since 2 years, we're already out of stock before next summer !!!
Is it the same in your countries ?
Are we in the highest sales in 2007 ?

Also air conditioning companies prefer installation than maintenance since 15 years so that the relevant technicians move to another job or create their own compagny to do a real after sales service.

Employers realised you earn easy money with installation with DX small systems (from 1.8 to 30 kw) but do we need need good techicians to do that ?!

The result is a poor installation quality and selection.
Now the young technician think twice before accept this job..
Plumbers and electricians took this opportunity in the late eighties and then succeed...

So my last question is what your own governement do to increase sales and does the quality decreases as in France ???
Kind regards
cool#9

Brian_UK
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
Short answer from the UK Cool#9, nothing as far as I can tell.

They ran a small discount on the tax relating to heat pumps for a while but the money has run out now.

I'm afraid that if it doesn't line their pockets then it's not going to fly.:mad:

Josip
06-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Hi, cool#9 :)

Also Air conditioning companies prefer installation than maintenance since 15 years...

They are looking how to sell spare parts and new machines only (speaking about big companies), we can forget about after sales service given by manufacturers.

Daikin has that business politics to hire private companies, giving some education to serviceman and then just to sell new units or spare parts.

Sometimes is much cheaper to buy new unit then to repair old one;)

The result is a poor installation quality and selection.

Unfortunately this is true :mad:

Best regards, Josip :)