PDA

View Full Version : The Queen has arrived!

US Iceman
03-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Just caught the national news about the Queens trip to Jamestown, Virginia to celebrate the 400th anniversary.

Seems she is going to the Kentucky Derby also. I hope she has a good time. That is quite the event.

LRAC
03-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Just caught the national news about the Queens trip to Jamestown, Virginia to celebrate the 400th anniversary.

Seems she is going to the Kentucky Derby also. I hope she has a good time. That is quite the event.

Prey tell us why this is such an event for Americans.

You did kick us out of your country and you now celebrate independance day with massive celebrations.

or am i missing something, that should get the fireworks going:D :D :D :D

Kind regards
Lrac

Brian_UK
03-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Talking of HRHs, this was flying around other forums so I thought I'd bring to land here as well. - Sorry.

My flight was being served by an obviously gay flight attendant, who seemed to put everyone in a good mood as he served us food and drinks.

As the plane prepared to descend, He came swishing down the aisle and told us that "Captain Marvey has asked me to announce that he'll be landing the big scary plane shortly, so lovely people, if you could just put your trays up, that would be super."

On his trip back up the aisle, he noticed this well-dressed and rather Arabic looking woman hadn't moved a muscle.

"Perhaps you didn't hear me over those big brute engines but I asked you to raise your trazy-poo, so the main man can pitty-pat us on the ground."

She calmly turned her head and said, "In my country, I am called a Princess and I take orders from no one."

To which (I swear) the flight attendant replied, without missing a beat,

"Well, sweet-cheeks, in my country I'm called a Queen, so I outrank you.

Tray-up, Bitch."

US Iceman
03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Prey tell us why this is such an event for Americans.

We can at least be hospitable to a visiting dignitary. Besides, it's not like she is coming here to reclaim the territories!:rolleyes:

Good story Brian. I did not know where it was going until I saw the Queen part!:p

Dan
04-05-2007, 12:10 AM
I thought a large passenger boat had arrived. I didn't know it was the actual Queen. I have grown up watching her in old news review movies and through the trials of life shared by us all, although in a regal way. Odd that she would choose the Kentucky Derby, though.
Funny story Brian.:)

Andy
11-05-2007, 10:29 PM
I thought a large passenger boat had arrived. I didn't know it was the actual Queen. I have grown up watching her in old news review movies and through the trials of life shared by us all, although in a regal way. Odd that she would choose the Kentucky Derby, though.

The Queen mother was very much into horses and had quite a few good race horses. I,m surethat's where the Queen gets it from. (she also liked a bit of gambling and a wee halfin):D

Kind Regards Andy:)

taz24
12-05-2007, 10:56 AM
Odd that she would choose the Kentucky Derby, though.

Horse raceing is the sport of Kings and Queens.
She owns race horses and loves the sport so the Kentucky Derby is obviously the place to go:)
Cheers taz.