PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Mistral Plus playing up. HELP! please

AJ52TOY
01-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi as Im new to these forums all I can hope is I do everything right. The problem is my Hotpoint Mistral Plus has decided to give up the ghost and is no longer functioning as the old faithful it has been for a number of years. (Not that many my Hotpoint washer is 25 years old and still functioning)

The problem started the other night when I noticed my tinnies were a bit warm and the fridge compartment temperature had risen to +23 and the freezer compartment had risen to -8. I switched the unit off and allowed it to stand overnight. I switched it back on the following day and hit the fast frost function. The fan kicked in and everything sounded as it should do. The display read fridge compartment temperature +21 and the freezer compartment -3. Eight hours later I checked the temperatures and the fridge compartment temperature had risen to +30 and the freezer compartment had fallen to -11.

When I switch the unit off and then on again the fan kicks in every time and the unit sounds and appears to be working ok but the fridge compartment temperature continues to rise to as much as +32 when the fridge is switched on yet falls when it is switched off whilst the freezer compartment levels off and remains steady at -11

I would appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer, (Theres a cold beer in it for you) even if that is to go out and buy a new one. Thank you

chillin out
01-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Did you check the search results?
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=236123

Chillin:) :)

fazzamouse
01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
try replacing the yellow evaporator thermistor,if this does not work you proberley have a pcb problem in which case it,s time to bin it!

Rhew
01-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Have you cleaned out the condenser ? unscrew the bottom plasic cover and remove the condenser tubes on the left hand when facing the front could be blocked, especially if it is sited in the kitchen with a tumble drier or a pet ;)

AJ52TOY
04-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes I tried this link but it was blank

Many thanks

AJ52TOY
04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Thank you for taking the time to help out. How do I get to the condenser and what does it look like. The ironic thing is that since cleaning the fan and all the fluff out of the bottom of the fridge at the bottom of the unit at the back the freezer now gets up to -20 in the day and -14 on a night. Strange?

John Ward
04-05-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm having the same problem. It sort of packed in today. Both departments have gone warm. I have looked at other threads and have cleaned out the condensor compartment at the bottom front of the fridge-freezer. It was absolutely full of fluff and dust and muck after 8 years use. I have taken the bottom back panel off and cleaned it all out too. At the moment the bottom fan is working, spinning round. The big black steel ball thing next to it is vibrating / humming as if it is doing something. The fridge-freezer is making the typical humming / gurgling noise. The fan at the top back of the inside of the freezer compartment is not spinning (I don't know if it should be). I have just checked and the freezer has gone from -3 to -12 and stopped there, but the fridge is still +23. The freezer compartment is now empty of foodstuff..

Would any of you have any ideas as to what it could be please?