PDA

View Full Version : ice making

llewelyn
29-04-2007, 09:11 AM
hi guys,good day,

im a planning to build an ice plant for our refrigeration design in school...can u suggest me some good resources for this topic i.e. sites,articles...thanks in advance,,,.and is it also possible to make shaped ice(tubular,flaked) with an ice plant alone,i mean not exactly building like those specialized automatic ice making machines????....please...
i need some expert's advise..thanks..:confused:

Josip
06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi, llewelyn :)

Welcome to RE.

hi guys,good day,

im a planning to build an ice plant for our refrigeration design in school...can u suggest me some good resources for this topic i.e. sites,articles...thanks in advance,,,.and is it also possible to make shaped ice(tubular,flaked) with an ice plant alone,i mean not exactly building like those specialized automatic ice making machines????....please...
i need some expert's advise..thanks..:confused:

Maybe you can find some old, but still working fridge with ice making machine or old ice making machine used in coffee bars (ice cubes) for cold drinks...

or visit this site and ask for help;)

http://www.flurida.com/en/sort.asp?sort_id=2

You are starting from scratches and good approach is to use parts from different fridges (compressor, condenser, ice maker and so on) and try to assemble them..

Ask your students to find some parts you need;)

This is only one idea, but...

Best regards, Josip :)