PDA

View Full Version : U2 fault

Temprite
28-04-2007, 10:31 AM
Hello all.

Had a Daikin FTXS60FVMA fail on a U2 fault late friday evening.(New install).

Customer not happy.So checked power supply which was OK and tried a new PCB which did not cure the problem.By this stage it was dark and I had had enough so replaced entire out door unit which fixed the problem.

Have not had a chance to look into it any further, but was wondering if anyone had seen a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.

LRAC
28-04-2007, 08:04 PM
yep we had the same problem on one unit and carried out all of the tests required on the mains suppy as you know U2 indicates supply problem.

In the end we ended up changing the outdoor unit with no further problems.

Kind regards
Lrac

Temprite
29-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks Lrac:)

cool#9
29-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi
We had the same problem on many multi 3MXS52B two years ago in France.
These units use a seperate power module ( not a single outdoor pcb, maybe it's your case with new RXS60F so check ).
A defective outdoor fan created a short circuit into the Power Module and then U2 was displayed.
Even we changed the pcb and PM the outdoor fan fired the new spare parts at start up...
1 month ago i had this problem on a 4MXS80AZ (first R410A series ) for the same reasons ( this unit was installed in 2002 ).
The trouble shooting guide do not explain this specific case, there's no update of the service manual...
On the field i try to test the outdoor fan as well as possible or i usually order this part with the power module.
Hope this helps
Kind regards
cool#9

Freecool
04-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Hi Everone I am currently trying to format a maintenance report sheet with tick list for air conditioning and vent plant.Would be interested
what type of report sheets you use.

Thanks
Freecool

Lowrider
04-05-2007, 11:45 PM
I had the same problem on a RXS50. Also condensorfan defect which blew the PM!

Why they don't make them in a way this doesn't happen I can't understand! Perhaps to generate more sales??

cool#9
23-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I had the same problem on a RXS50. Also condensorfan defect which blew the PM!

Why they don't make them in a way this doesn't happen I can't understand! Perhaps to generate more sales??
Sanderh
You'll surely interesting by the final answer i received from daikin about this problem
Hope this help
rgds
cool#9

Lowrider
23-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Thanx! Makes it a bit clearer at least!!

Temprite
25-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Sanderh
You'll surely interesting by the final answer i received from daikin about this problem
Hope this help
rgds
cool#9

That's how we were told to check the fan motors.

Make sure you take the fan blades off first though a seized motor will appear like it's turning properly if you spin it with the blade attached.

Motor should turn one and a half turns approx if you spin it between thumb and finger.